New 100 Owner (98 LX470) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw a local deal that I couldn't pass up on a 98 LX470. This is my first 100 series, so I'm starting all over in the 100 FAQ. Mine is all stock and in need of the usual base line work. Planning on replacing the radiator, all fluids, heater T, T-belt/water pump, serpentine belt, tensioners and look into the axles, drive shafts and bearings and such. No leaks or drips at all. Luckily, it's been a garage queen, so no rust or paint issues. Front seat bottoms are cracked, but I have decent seat covers already that came with it. The only things not working are the telescoping steering wheel and the antenna mast as well as the D light is out. The AHC works, but isn't fully functional from what I can tell. It goes up and down, but does not register as being in full high or low in the dash. The light seems to like staying in the N position regardless of how high it is riding. Future mods are just new 255/85/16 tires, TJM bumper and locker for the front. I'd like to keep the AHC, but am not opposed to deleting it in favor of a 2.5/3" lift. I'd like to repair the steering wheel and do whatever it is you do to eliminate the auto feature. I also plan on putting the RTT up top. Any additional advise or how-to links are appreciated!

Last edited:
A couple of quick pics.
IMG_2411.jpeg
IMG_2412.jpeg

Looks in great exterior shape, make sure to check all your windows up and down, all the climate control buttons, and most have had issues with the tilt and the telescopic aspect of the vehicle. Not that horrible of a fix, just a little money for two different motors. fix the seats as you will forever be getting visual cues from them each time you drive. I did change out my backup lights and it was well worth the tiny effort. This forum is full of wise souls so you have made a very important first step in ownership. My two cents.

It's growing on me. The green looks really good out on the trail for sure.

Last edited:
This is the first cruiser I've had that came with the original window sticker, original spare tire, tool kit, manuals and Lexus pen. The rubber on the spare tire still looks new(ish). I doubt it has ever been used.

That is great, my tool kit was a mish-mash, along with the jack. Most I looked at before buying were compromised. I never ran across a green version, mostly black, white, and gold in my area. Green looks wonderful on yours.

Apparently, the problem with the AHC was I had my foot on the brake. When I keep my foot off the brake it works in all three positions. I'm sure there's a page on that in the manual somewhere. I have yet to read it. Looks like I'll be ordering new CVs as the left front has a slight click when turning while in the high position. Loving the LX more every day.

Apparently, the problem with the AHC was I had my foot on the brake. When I keep my foot off the brake it works in all three positions. I'm sure there's a page on that in the manual somewhere. I have yet to read it. Looks like I'll be ordering new CVs as the left front has a slight click when turning while in the high position. Loving the LX more every day.
Welcome. Newbie here too. Just got mine last weekend. Lifted, 34" tires, ARB bumper with winch and lights. My telescoping wheel wasn't working either. Seemed like it was stuck. I just pulled on it while activating the extend lever and freed it up. Works now. How many miles on that pretty green machine?

It's just over 200K. The first owner put 117 on it in the first four years and the gal I got it from put about 90K on it over the following 19 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom