Official LX570s Picture Thread (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I should have snapped a photo outside the shop but she got an alignment and is driving very well. Next, got to trim the rear bumper and get the leading edge secured somehow. Then I should be able to get back out to the trails.
2E54EC27-7341-4F25-930E-9FB524CA66FD.jpeg

I should have snapped a photo outside the shop but she got an alignment and is driving very well. Next, got to trim the rear bumper and get the leading edge secured somehow. Then I should be able to get back out to the trails.
View attachment 3060287
This is so stupid and I love it 😍

First time poster but a long time lurker especially on this thread. I’ve been checking out your rides long before I picked up my 13’ LX last fall and I thank you all for inspiring me to buy the best vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Here she is at Pebble Beach 17-mile drive a few weeks ago. Mostly stock besides an AHC sensor lift, 33s, and yellow SS3 fog lights.
63863CF0-3F38-4A8B-8501-6877694379DE.jpeg

Took it to the top of Greenie Peak in NM this week.

For the trip bought some brand new Firestone Destination XTs in 275/70/18. Like them so far.

20220720_165343.jpg

Got back from a 1k mile roadtrip swilling some of the finest $6.90/gallon gasoline money can buy. At 9.1 MPG, expensive but worth it.

Maiden journey after a once over on the AHC system. Replacing shocks, accumulators, and fluids. This included modification of the AHC shocks for additional sensor lift (1.5"F, 1"R) while increased overall suspension travel by the same amounts (+1.5" F, 1" R). Ride was as good as ever but not a huge difference as my AHC system was in good working order prior. There was more movement of the vehicle all around which I attribute to the taller sensor lift, incremental change in suspension geometry, and higher COG, but she still towed the 8k load with confidence and stability. Now that I've shaken the setup down, will write up the mods shortly.

Didn't get to off-roading at all, but that'll be the next trip.

View attachment 3039021
Greetings from Aus. Nice looking rig. What does the Airstream weigh? I'm pulling our 3T offroad van here at around 18.1 L/100 (which is around 13mpg in US numbers) since the Harrop 2650 was installed. Supercharger gives awesome drop in fuel use with the van on the back and doesn't struggle at all on hills or on sand

IMG_0799.JPG

Greetings from Aus. Nice looking rig. What does the Airstream weigh? I'm pulling our 3T offroad van here at around 18.1 L/100 (which is around 13mpg in US numbers) since the Harrop 2650 was installed. Supercharger gives awesome drop in fuel use with the van on the back and doesn't struggle at all on hills or on sand

View attachment 3066573

Beautiful rig you got there. Love the Aussie style campers. And supercharger?!

My trailer is just under 8k (4T). 15k (7.5T) all in.

View attachment 3066573
I've never seen a Jayco like that! Seems like a proper frame, suspension, clearance, aussie-favourite stabilizers, and a pop-top roof?! What in the world! We need details and we need them now!

//edit: found it, I think: Jayco Journey Caravan - https://www.jayco.com.au/range/caravans/jayco-journey-caravan . Why do all australian trailers seem to be 100x better than the utter sh!t we have here in North America, even within the same brand?! :(

//edit2: found a walkthrough:

Live Oak Mine in Mojave National Preserve.
Most people hike the last 3 miles to the mine, there were not any signs saying you couldn't, so we drove it. There were some pretty tricky spots but made it without damage. Lockers used multiple times, but crawl control probably would get you through.

20220723_110602.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen a Jayco like that! Seems like a proper frame, suspension, clearance, aussie-favourite stabilizers, and a pop-top roof?! What in the world! We need details and we need them now!

//edit: found it, I think: Jayco Journey Caravan - https://www.jayco.com.au/range/caravans/jayco-journey-caravan . Why do all australian trailers seem to be 100x better than the utter sh!t we have here in North America, even within the same brand?! :(

//edit2: found a walkthrough:

Puzzling why the specs are different between Aus and US. Great van though, independent susp, composite panels, and an ATM upgrade for an 800 kg payload. What do you guys use for UHF/CB antenna mounts when not running a front bar or roof rack ? I found a mount here in Aus made by Kaon that works a treat. Available for LH or RH side for LX, LC, and Prado/GX.

IMG_2024.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2041.JPG

IMG_2137.JPG

I've been away from mud for a while but with the purchase of a 570 I've come back looking for inspiration and info. I recently did the sensor lift (1.25" front/.5" rear) and added 295/70R18 (34.3") Toyo ATIII's on Graphite-colored Method 314's (18"x9"/+10). Very minor trimming and reshaping of the plastics was involved. It rides as good as ever and looks proper IMHO. For me, the stance with the +10 offset is perfect.
Neutral setting:

4A897A47-383D-43A3-882A-96A929A3B6E4.jpeg

Flexed to find any rubbing issues. Everything clears.
3B8051C1-2F33-4714-A857-6325A82948BA.jpeg

Stuffed and still clears
98FDAEA6-01DA-4491-AE0A-66353A6BCAE1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom