Help me choose a rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I rocked a JW roof rack for a couple months and it went to s*** fast. Rust everywhere and both side rails completely snapped from it. I did have a RTT on it but I spoke with them directly before purchasing and they assured me it was plenty strong.

I live in Tennessee too so rust should not be an issue.

Not saying the tire carrier isn’t any good but I for sure won’t be buying from them again.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will probably go custom on this one. Dont want to add more weight on the rear as I mostly dont do those kind of trails. I just added a metaltech hitch and a bumper cut (OEM Htich delete) for added clearence and weight reduction. I will see if I can get a pipe bumper fabricated and welded underneath along with a welded tire carrier. I am hoping for a setup similar to elg_4x4 which I saw mentioned in another thread.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will probably go custom on this one. Dont want to add more weight on the rear as I mostly dont do those kind of trails. I just added a metaltech hitch and a bumper cut (OEM Htich delete) for added clearence and weight reduction. I will see if I can get a pipe bumper fabricated and welded underneath along with a welded tire carrier. I am hoping for a setup similar to elg_4x4 which I saw mentioned in another thread.
Are you selling your OEM hitch by chance?

I am planning to but currently looking to sell locally if possible. Its pretty heavy and large to ship. Are you, by any chance, near San Jose CA
Unfortunately, no. I’m in OH. Hopefully this hitch stop sale ends in August as some have suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom