Seat Belt Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anybody replace their seatbelts on an 80 series? Recommendations?
Thanks
Yes, lots have.

There's a particular place most here use. I think it's called "Restore" or something like that. Do a search here and you should find it easily.

You can also buy a little used passenger front seat belt and swap it into the driver's side. You do need to take it apart and transfer the belt from one actuator to the other. Just so you know, the PS is about 12" longer than the DS. It works better if you're a fat guy.

Yes, lots have.

There's a particular place most here use. I think it's called "Restore" or something like that. Do a search here and you should find it easily.

You can also buy a little used passenger front seat belt and swap it into the driver's side. You do need to take it apart and transfer the belt from one actuator to the other. Just so you know, the PS is about 12" longer than the DS. It works better if you're a fat guy.
Great - Thank you

I tried Safety Restore. They could not get anything close to a match for my tan/oak belts at the time. They did try and had pretty good customer service. They ended up sending my belts back but refunded all my money including the shipping costs both ways. Can't speak to their work but I would try them again, would probably just ask for samples to be sent before I shipped my belts to them.

I ended up using myairbags.com. They were able to get a fairly close match and the work came out great.

My front’s are currently at Safety Restore for rewebbing and cleaning, I will post up some pictures when they return.

I went with the factory match for Oak (hadn’t heard they don’t have a close match?), but strongly considered the camo green, just because I thought it would be a cool look on my son’s Sage 80.

Safetyrestore is fast AF too. I swear they’re just sitting by their sewing machine waiting for your junk to arrive. They’ll fix the retractor too, so that’ll take some getting used to 🤣 really though, they’re awesome. Expect about a week turnaround.

Safetyrestore is fast AF too. I swear they’re just sitting by their sewing machine waiting for your junk to arrive. They’ll fix the retractor too, so that’ll take some getting used to 🤣 really though, they’re awesome. Expect about a week turnaround.
Do You remember what the cost for new webbing abs retractor fix was ballpark? Have a few bells and trying to gage if all the belts and retractors are sent or if I spread them out over the next few months. Ballpark is fine. Thank You

Do You remember what the cost for new webbing abs retractor fix was ballpark? Have a few bells and trying to gage if all the belts and retractors are sent or if I spread them out over the next few months. Ballpark is fine. Thank You
$99 per belt to re web and clean the mechanism plus $18 return shipping, which was about the same as I paid to get them there.

It is another $99 if the retractor has been triggered in an accident etc. and needs reset.

If your belts are Oak, be advised they have nothing remotely close. I sent the belts back as they awaited a new shipment of webbing. After a few months they gave up and sent me back their original non-matching repair. They gave me a partial refund but I’d do business elsewhere in the future…..

I used safetyrestore as well on fleabay and the tan they had was really close to oak for me. This was back in august of 2021 so could be different now. You cannot tell the difference when they are not next to each other.

seatbelt comparison 2.jpg

Thanks everyone. I sent my belts off today to Safety Restore to have them re-done. 🤞
Hardest thing about getting them off was figuring out how the plastic cover holding the adjustable belt height came off to expose the bolt. But I got it without braking the old plastic.

If your belts are Oak, be advised they have nothing remotely close. I sent the belts back as they awaited a new shipment of webbing. After a few months they gave up and sent me back their original non-matching repair. They gave me a partial refund but I’d do business elsewhere in the future…..
This was close to my experience. Luckily I rejected the webbing from pictures before they installed it so I got a full refund. It seems to be hit and miss depending on what shipments they get in as to watch color matches they have.

just pulled the front and second row belts (4 belts total) that are all frayed and slow to retract. my belts are Grey, which it doesn't sound like have been a problem color matching

Safety Restore (Car Seat Belt Webbing Replacement - Automotive Experts - https://www.safetyrestore.com/seat-belt-repair-service/11-seat-belt-webbing-replacement.html#/55-webbing_color-color_match) is looking like $99/ea plus $50 return shipping

MyAirbags (Seat Belt Webbing Chewed By Dog Replacement - We Repair Chewed Up Seat Belts | MyAirbags - https://www.myairbags.com/product/webbing-replacement-dog-cut-ripped/) is looking like $79.99/ea plus $44 return shipping

which to go with? Any coupons out there for either? One saves me $86 but there is less feedback on here for MyAirbags. Do they clean and lube the retracting mechanism while they are replacing the webbing, like I think Safety Restore does?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder to update!

As several have mentioned there isn’t a perfect match for the original belts for the Oak interior 80’s, especially after 25 years.

I choose one based on what I thought would look good in a two tone 40th interior and what should/could have been in there initially and am happy with the results, however now I need to do the rear belts to match.

I included a picture of the close color samples they sent to choose from, the front belt color I choose and a comparison photo with the original rear seat belts.

As mentioned by several members the Safety Restore customer service was fantastic and I will certainly use them for the rear belts as well as future projects.
F1917273-F2B9-4F4E-8FBB-4CA83F36491C.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

How was the grey match for Safety Restore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom