Dobinson's MRA Extended FRONT Shocks, Install DIY (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congrats on the installation! Someday I will upgrade from regular IMS to MRR. Mine take a lot of abuse in the rocks. The rubber boot deflects rocks. My LCAs take a lot of rock hits. I have an SPC setup like yours. The rounded ball mount for the rear help it slide over rocks. I think you will like them in Windrock.

1658317382403.png

I've seen people buy a brand new 200 series and replace the new OEMs with MRR in the first 20 miles. Must be someting good about them.

1658317668267.png

Congrats on the installation! Someday I will upgrade from regular IMS to MRR. Mine take a lot of abuse in the rocks. The rubber boot deflects rocks. My LCAs take a lot of rock hits. I have an SPC setup like yours. The rounded ball mount for the rear help it slide over rocks. I think you will like them in Windrock.

View attachment 3064147
I couldn't remember which ones you had in front already but I knew it was one of the newer sets from them. I know you wheel probably pretty similar trails to me so it's great to hear you've had a good experience with them so far.

Is there anyone else running these MRA in the front on a 100 yet? I can't imagine I'm the first to go all 4 corners, right?

I couldn't remember which ones you had in front already but I knew it was one of the newer sets from them. I know you wheel probably pretty similar trails to me so it's great to hear you've had a good experience with them so far.

Is there anyone else running these MRA in the front on a 100 yet? I can't imagine I'm the first to go all 4 corners, right?
I have one of the first sets of extended droop IMS to hit the US. More droop works well in my twisted environment.

Then I run 4 wheelers bumps in the front to soften the compression blow from a jump bounce. My environment is very similar to yours. I'm seeing builds become more regional as we start to learn how products survive different types of abuse.

I run them.

Awesome! What have you found works for you as far as the adjustments go? What kind of weight/ use does your truck have?
Mine are non-adjustable IMS (before MRR).

With me in it weighs just over 7,200 lbs. I was standing beside it when this was taken.

1658318325867.png

Awesome! What have you found works for you as far as the adjustments go? What kind of weight/ use does your truck have?
Since I haven't really "streched their legs" yet, I won't dial them properly until COTR. At least. Bertha weighed in at close to 6800lbs. I moved up to these units from Foamcells, my hopes are high for them. TN will be their first major test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom