Spotted: Heeps & assorted autos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe that is a Rolls Royce.
I think you're correct.

Here's a 1932 Rolls Royce Phantom. Very similar.

1656848074803.png

Last edited:
Spotted in Paris this afternoon. French Army getting into overlanding. Just missing a RTT….

A7B60580-4F4F-44E0-8332-1300F6643DBA.jpeg

3FA29862-49FE-44AA-B910-4F6EAB1646F3.jpeg

White flag at top of antenna?

1657199607862.png

Looks pretty good in white with white steelies, tall skinnies and the rackView attachment 2989539

Like I said before. Love a gladiator in a good color with reasonable lift, tall skinnies/no poke, and a roof rack. This one’s not quite a good as the white one. Will I own one, never say never but probably never.
5ADA801B-B932-4FEE-ACB6-815595133446.jpeg
D36C7642-5007-4CE3-8835-119376CCE156.jpeg

I think it’s the old school power wagon and m175-ish vibes/stance that get me

Like I said before. Love a gladiator in a good color with reasonable lift, tall skinnies/no poke, and a roof rack. This one’s not quite a good as the white one. Will I own one, never say never but probably never.View attachment 3060074View attachment 3060075

I think it’s the old school power wagon and m175-ish vibes/stance that get me
You're working your way to getting banned from this site

I used to think along these lines, but the more I learn about WWII, the less I think this stereotype is based in fact. Yes, the French defense could’ve been handled better, but how many countries out there would accept 90k dead and 200k wounded over a relatively brief period without crying “uncle”?
Also of note, the Germans lost nearly 30k dead between the Low Countries and France—another indicator that nobody surrendered preemptively.

I used to think along these lines, but the more I learn about WWII, the less I think this stereotype is based in fact. Yes, the French defense could’ve been handled better, but how many countries out there would accept 90k dead and 200k wounded over a relatively brief period without crying “uncle”?
Also of note, the Germans lost nearly 30k dead between the Low Countries and France—another indicator that nobody surrendered preemptively.
The French have a very proud spirit in regards to their military. That piece that I posted was from the onion, a satirical news source.
I learend about the Foreign Legion a lot, that is an entity that can only be driven by a hard nosed approach and fierce amount of national pride

Saw that it was the Onion (which has had some HILARIOUS articles over the years) but there are enough folks who think that’s how history unfolded that I just wanted to say a few words—I’ve been super impressed with the French officers over worked with in Afghanistan and at Army schools. And they’ve been great partners in the Sahel….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom