What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After I turn off the Diff Lock my VSC lights remain on. The only thing I found that works to get them to turn off is turn key off and restart. This is on a 2000 LC. Am I doing something wrong? Hoping this is something simple like a fuse.

View attachment 3062260
My lights are on all the time. The only thing that resets it is to disconnect the battery. It's been this way since I bought it in 2013. After I reconnect the battery they might come back on 10 minutes later or 10 days later or 10 weeks later but they ALWAYS come back on. A couple years back I did some serious research on it and came to the possibility that I have a bad yaw sensor. I say this because I've noticed that they tend to come back on as I turn. I'm talking the type of turn where your going like 10 or 15 MPH and turning say to get on an interstate on ramp. Where the vehicle will rock to one side.

After I turn off the Diff Lock my VSC lights remain on. The only thing I found that works to get them to turn off is turn key off and restart. This is on a 2000 LC. Am I doing something wrong? Hoping this is something simple like a fuse.

View attachment 3062260

This happened to me. If you check the owners manual it will tell you that both of those lights being on is not normal. VSC OFF is normal when CDL is engaged.

I noticed ATRAC did not work with the CDL engaged, and I got both of those warning lights with the CDL engaged.

Try a new CDL switch. Worked for me, never had the VSC TRAC light come on again, and ATRAC works again . There are a few threads here that discuss the problem.

Here is the switch part number..

Beck Arnley 201-1788 Back Up Lamp Switch

This happened to me. If you check the owners manual it will tell you that both of those lights being on is not normal. VSC OFF is normal when CDL is engaged.

I noticed ATRAC did not work with the CDL engaged, and I got both of those warning lights with the CDL engaged.

Try a new CDL switch. Worked for me, never had the VSC TRAC light come on again, and ATRAC works again . There are a few threads here that discuss the problem.

Thank you! I’m gonna check that out!

@AN470 Just to clarify, I’m replacing the switch for the CDL because it’s likely faulty and that is causing VSC TRAC light to come on. I know this is a silly question but what is ATRAC? Also when I clicked on link to part on Amazon it says it doesn’t fit my 2000 LC. I know sometimes (a lot of times this isn’t correct). What year is yours?

@AN470 Just to clarify, I’m replacing the switch for the CDL because it’s likely faulty and that is causing VSC TRAC light to come on. I know this is a silly question but what is ATRAC? Also when I clicked on link to part on Amazon it says it doesn’t fit my 2000 LC. I know sometimes (a lot of times this isn’t correct). What year is yours?
ATRAC is a brake-based traction control used to control wheel spin when a tire has little to no grip. It showed up, and the rear locker was eliminated.

I have a 2004. I imagine the part should be the same but don't quote me, I would double check. 2000 was the first year ATRAC was introduced so you have it.

Where did you order from? I ordered some last month only to have the order cancelled due to supply chain issues. TIA!
Mobile Lexus out of Alabama. They were the cheapest around $56 each I believe.

You're welcome! I spoke with Josh. He found it and got the damaged one squared away as well.

Replaced the old stained tailgate carpet with some Hexomat rubber. Added some twist locks so I can remove and hose down to clean it too!

IMG_8470.JPG

IMG_8465.JPG

IMG_8466.JPG

IMG_8469.JPG

Last edited:
Not something I would typically do as I am not a “waxer” ;) but wow what a difference this is going to make on the whole vehicle.

@AN470 This switch goes behind the button on the dash, right?
No this is the switch on the actual transfer case, not the button on the dash. There are 2 or 3 switches on the transfer case, can't remember which one it is. But there is definitely a thread that describes the location and includes pictures.

No this is the switch on the actual transfer case, not the button on the dash. There are 2 or 3 switches on the transfer case, can't remember which one it is. But there is definitely a thread that describes the location and includes pictures.
@AN470 Thank you! You’re so helpful!!
I’m not really good at finding things or using forums. Still learning. Any chance you could help track down the thread?

Finally got around to putting the reflective heat shield wrap around the fuel lines coming from the gas tank and runs parallel to the driver's side cat and exhaust. Hopefully this will alleviate some of that vapor build up in the gas tank whenever I go to open up the gas cap.

1658524268602.png

1658524284929.png

1658524304327.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom