Cleaning up wiring- can you identify connectors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I have an LS conversion and IMO some shortcuts were taken in the wiring. I am trying to clean up some (seemingly) abandoned wires. I believe that two of the sets are VSV sensors, but not sure. The old FJ62 ECU was removed, but I can't figure out what exactly these connectors/wires are for. Anyone know what these are these? Can I just cut them off at the fire wall?

IMG_4287.JPG

Hi all,
I have an LS conversion and IMO some shortcuts were taken in the wiring. I am trying to clean up some (seemingly) abandoned wires. I believe that two of the sets are VSV sensors, but not sure. The old FJ62 ECU was removed, but I can't figure out what exactly these connectors/wires are for. Anyone know what these are these? Can I just cut them off at the fire wall?

View attachment 3062945

ok , i can help you here sort this out :

- you have the round blue 2 pin female version connector

- the yellow star profile connector 4 pin anti-splash proof type

- the capsule shaped green 1 pin series sealed type housing

- and , white sealed water proof 2 pin series

- i would NOT ever simply LOP off any wires and connectors to be clear , if you do you will have chose poorly ....... :confused:

hope this helps

matt

1658206766852.png

- i would NOT ever simply LOP off any wires and connectors to be clear , if you do you will have chose poorly ....... :confused:

hope this helps

matt

View attachment 3062969
Thanks, but what do they go to? Best I can tell is the green goes to brake reservoir, yellow goes to VSV, and Blue is ERV VSV. Can you confirm? Not sure where the white one... I have an LS swap and they were just zip tied inside my fender

hope this helps

matt

View attachment 3062969
Ok, back to my wiring issue. Best I can tell from pouring through the wiring diagrams is green plug (one black wire) is for Ignitor continuity for idiot lights and tach? Yellow is for VSV? Blue is for ERG VSV? and white is for Brake Fluid level? Can anyone confirm or deny?

What side of the engine bay did you find these on. Your guesses above are not really co-located. The ignitor would be on the right hand side (US Passenger side) but the brake fluid level out be on the left hand side (US Drivers side).

What side of the engine bay did you find these on. Your guesses above are not really co-located. The ignitor would be on the right hand side (US Passenger side) but the brake fluid level out be on the left hand side (US Drivers side).
Appreciate the feedback. Drivers side. Couldn't find another one wire connector on my wiring diagram, so guessed it was ignitor.

"carb cooling fan" is one wire and would be mounted on the drivers side fender. I believe the FJ62 had one of these even though no carb.

"carb cooling fan" is one wire and would be mounted on the drivers side fender. I believe the FJ62 had one of these even though no carb.
Interesting. could very well be. It does look the same as the 60 I had previously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom