80 series slider and bumper plans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening, I’m new here. I’ve got a 93 that I’m building for hard wheeling. I’d like to know if anyone has any cad files or plans for homemade sliders and rear bumpers for the 80 series. Thanks y’all!

I have not seen any plans but there are plenty of examples of home made bumpers and sliders to look at. I built my rear bumper and sliders from scratch. I'd be happy to help you with measurements and the like if you are interested in what I did. Pictures in the link in my signature.

My front bumper is a kit from Relentless Fabrication that I modified a little. They don't list it on their site anymore but they might do a one off if you contacted them.

I have not seen any plans but there are plenty of examples of home made bumpers and sliders to look at. I built my rear bumper and sliders from scratch. I'd be happy to help you with measurements and the like if you are interested in what I did. Pictures in the link in my signature.

My front bumper is a kit from Relentless Fabrication that I modified a little. They don't list it on their site anymore but they might do a one off if you contacted them.
I’m very much interested. I don’t like spending $1k+for something I can definitely build. I just am a little lazy on the planning and design side.

How do I view your pics? I can’t seem to find them.

How do I view your pics? I can’t seem to find them.
Front bumper is here:

First time I built the rear is here:

Additions to the rear and the sliders are here (they are kinda spread throughout the thread):

I don’t exactly have any measurements for it but a high clearance rear bumper for 80s is pretty easy. I just did the rear quarter chop, and built the whole bumper out of 1.5”x 3” stock. I cut a hole in each side of the frame, shoved a piece of DOM in it, and did 1/4” sandwich plates for the recovery points. It’s a pretty simple and effective bumper.

37DEB375-56B1-48BA-A95B-21C12EE39830.jpeg

I don’t exactly have any measurements for it but a high clearance rear bumper for 80s is pretty easy. I just did the rear quarter chop, and built the whole bumper out of 1.5”x 3” stock. I cut a hole in each side of the frame, shoved a piece of DOM in it, and did 1/4” sandwich plates for the recovery points. It’s a pretty simple and effective bumper.

View attachment 3061002
You have any process pics? Closeups etc?

View attachment 3061002
Doesn't get much more high clearance than that!

You have any process pics? Closeups etc?
Sorry, I kinda scrambled to get it done so I don’t have any step by steps.

Fun fact. I’d never seen a recovery point done like this so I asked a friend who’s an engineer at Boeing to give me an idea of how strong they would be. He calculated that they’d have a working load of about 10k lbs with a safety factor of 5. Good enough for me!

B5F37DE4-8AA9-4E41-8C56-F20192324F36.jpeg

F4669540-8F3A-4FCC-A755-4833FBFCCFF0.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry, I kinda scrambled to get it done so I don’t have any step by steps.

Fun fact. I’d never seen a recovery point done like this so I asked a friend who’s an engineer at Boeing to give me an idea of how strong they would be. He calculated that they’d have a working load of about 10k lbs with a safety factor of 5. Good enough for me!

View attachment 3062036

View attachment 3062037
Rust make you have to chop the rockers out like that ? Mine are the same way 😆😞 lol, but I’ll post some pics of the rear bumper that I’m finally making progress on again.

Rust make you have to chop the rockers out like that ? Mine are the same way 😆😞 lol, but I’ll post some pics of the rear bumper that I’m finally making progress on again.
No rust. Cutting/ capping that part of the body just gave me more room suck the bumper up higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom