What did you do on your 70 series today? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

is this the one made for a jeep?
I honestly don’t know but my guess would be no. However I think there are a number of aftermarket tables available for Jeeps.

I honestly don’t know but my guess would be no. However I think there are a number of aftermarket tables available for Jeeps.
ok. only asking because the only one i see on their website says it's for the jeep tailgate. time to break out the tape measure. 👍

ok. only asking because the only one i see on their website says it's for the jeep tailgate. time to break out the tape measure. 👍
I’ll be glad to supply measurements if it helps. I won’t be installing the table for a couple of months.

that would be awesome, thank you. 🍻
E9177CC9-29AB-49FF-A557-C952073A047E.jpeg

They must have changed their design, mine doesn't have the latch. It stays shut with friction, on a couple sheet-metal features formed into the mounting side of the assembly.

3B's and turbos suck. No matter what someone from 1990 says.
Might just have to disagree… My “new” 3B was running absolutely amazing for the whopping 200 miles I put on it before it exploded again:rofl:

Been out of town for a week the bj-73's been parked. What to drive it today got inside and noticed some tree branch debris on the hood. A big thunderstorm came through while we were gone and my limb riser cables have saved me again. This is the second time they've deflected a falling tree branch. This time however the branch was about 9 ft long and 40-50lb. Very minor dent in the hood scratch on the fender and one of my pvc fishing rod holders was busted off the bumper.

View attachment 3056695

View attachment 3056696

View attachment 3056697
Very nice color scheme.
Like your snorkel, it completely erases the need to relocate the "Land Cruiser" emblem/tag and the indicator light delete.

Also, have a 70 series steel wheel fetish....
Can you share your wheel type, dimensions, offset?
Theyook really nice.
Keep safe and have fun

Very nice color scheme.
Like your snorkel, it completely erases the need to relocate the "Land Cruiser" emblem/tag and the indicator light delete.

Also, have a 70 series steel wheel fetish....
Can you share your wheel type, dimensions, offset?
Theyook really nice.
Keep safe and have fun
Thankyou for the compliments: Color is a fair color match of "toyota Olive brown" by a store that couldn't put the "paint code" in the computer, but could scan a picture of the color.

I wanted a snorkel for Emergencies(I live on a river that floods and on the coast where we have hurricanes) and the fact that if your diesel sucks in water you can bend the connecting rods unlike a gasoline engine which will just cut off. I happened into some free 6' X2.25" exhaust flex pipe (same diameter as the intake pipeing(so it's big enough). I decided to make a snorkel with it. Snorkel cap is a piece of 4" green PVC drain line with cap and spacing to allow enough air Painted black. The factory air cleaner housing has to be unbolted and moved around a bit. Seal housing drain with epoxy putty. Some work with tin snips on the inner fender well sheet metal under the hood. A black rubber drain line connector and hose clamps connect it to the flex pipe. It is functional, inexpensive, and doesn't look too bad (subjective). Some of the cheaper snorkels online are said to be multi-piece affairs and not really waterproof enough to be relied on to work for a long deep water crossing.

I believe the wheels are tacoma 16" steelies. I used one inch spacers to get sufficient clearance. Have to use loctite and proper torqueing and retorque after 2 weeks. That might not be enough with wider tires. Tundra 17" steelies(spare tire rims) look the same and may give you more options when shopping tires.

Thankyou for the compliments: Color is a fair color match of "toyota Olive brown" by a store that couldn't put the "paint code" in the computer, but could scan a picture of the color.

I wanted a snorkel for Emergencies(I live on a river that floods and on the coast where we have hurricanes) and the fact that if your diesel sucks in water you can bend the connecting rods unlike a gasoline engine which will just cut off. I happened into some free 6' X2.25" exhaust flex pipe (same diameter as the intake pipeing(so it's big enough). I decided to make a snorkel with it. Snorkel cap is a piece of 4" green PVC drain line with cap and spacing to allow enough air Painted black. The factory air cleaner housing has to be unbolted and moved around a bit. Seal housing drain with epoxy putty. Some work with tin snips on the inner fender well sheet metal under the hood. A black rubber drain line connector and hose clamps connect it to the flex pipe. It is functional, inexpensive, and doesn't look too bad (subjective). Some of the cheaper snorkels online are said to be multi-piece affairs and not really waterproof enough to be relied on to work for a long deep water crossing.

I believe the wheels are tacoma 16" steelies. I used one inch spacers to get sufficient clearance. Have to use loctite and proper torqueing and retorque after 2 weeks. That might not be enough with wider tires. Tundra 17" steelies(spare tire rims) look the same and may give you more options when shopping tires.
Thanks for the detailed response
Like the efficient solution

what psi are you running?
Been on hilly non interstate roads so hard to say. I can max out my 15 psi gauge easily but I don’t want to. 8 or 10 psi is usual. I watch egt and downshift as needed.

Western Montana
AD401D78-3813-46B8-8EA4-D15001063D18.jpeg

7919FD57-CE62-423F-8E31-EB0D8AD4B3B0.jpeg

EEF432FE-6AC0-4624-9A86-ADA132A8983E.jpeg

Sunshade fits well after adding grommets

FE2C8071-B482-40CF-B6A7-AF11F8597FA6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom