My truck started puking out transmission fluid. Need help? On road trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All these people commenting power steering... He said it's coming from between the engine and trans and posted a picture.

It sounds like the front pump seal is starting to fail.

I agree that you need to clean it up and keep an eye on it.

All these people commenting power steering... He said it's coming from between the engine and trans and posted a picture.

haha yeah. I babied it home and were doing alright, thanks for the help though.

i am supposed to leave to oregon on the 31st so were getting on it right away. if any one has an idea why my interlock bypass isnt working anymore that would be great :)( previous issue) i checked all the fuses and everything was working, my brake lights are working and the actual bypass works(checked with a 12v battery) but i cant seem to figure it out. maybe a relay or ground but i cant seem to find any diagrams. any helps great 👍
👍

Well,
If he didn't know how to check his tranny fluid properly then we must assume...
Highway speeds and blowing fans will send any fluid towards the rear where they may pool on surfaces out of the slipstream.

Well,
If he didn't know how to check his tranny fluid properly then we must assume...
Highway speeds and blowing fans will send any fluid towards the rear where they may pool on surfaces out of the slipstream.

It's pretty unlikely that red fluid is going to end up between the trans and engine that isn't trans fluid.

Coolant is red too and a lot of leaks will find their way to the bottom of the bellhousing which could make you leap to transmission.

I just fixed a leak like this - thought it was trans pump seal at first, turned out to be a coolant line on the firewall.

Coolant is red too and a lot of leaks will find their way to the bottom of the bellhousing which could make you leap to transmission.

I just fixed a leak like this - thought it was trans pump seal at first, turned out to be a coolant line on the firewall.

Different texture. Smell.

It is, but it's closer than you might think after it's found its way down the side of the engine. Taste is a dead giveaway if you want to go there haha.

I would. But i work on airplanes. I'm always trying to figure out what the fluid is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom