What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got 04111-66061 from partsouq for about half the price as the fzj80 version , including shipping. It comes with everything you need.

I think I got the idea from @SNLC or @COYS not sure, but it's been discussed thoroughly as mentioned.

You did well, david. All credit goes to SNLC. He's a great 80 resource here. Gracias.

Didn't you just rebuild a motor and swap it into your rig?

Do you have multiple cruisers?
Yes I just rebuilt a motor for my cruiser. Im on
Cruiser #3 now this one will be for the wife probable or maybe just sell. I really like working on cruisers it would be my job if it was viable! But I have a career as a plumber so for now it’s just a side thing.

I got 04111-66061 from partsouq for about half the price as the fzj80 version , including shipping. It comes with everything you need.

I think I got the idea from @SNLC or @COYS not sure, but it's been discussed thoroughly as mentioned.
Yah @COYS let me know I ordered yesterday looks like lead time might be a bit🤷‍♂️. Either way it $100 cheeper than the other kit.

Beach day with my daughter before she leaves for college
1657814479854.png

1657814584178.png

FYI, if that is the coil pack 1FZFE gasket kit there are a few gaskets that won’t work and will have to be ordered separately. Still cheaper in my opinion.

Cheers

The torque is 71 ft/lbs

Is that the torque for the stud going into the housing? Or the torque for the nut on the stud?

Is that the torque for the stud going into the housing? Or the torque for the nut on the stud?
The nut. Studs rarely of ever have torque.

Arp head studs are finger tight.
Beno advised a stud torque a while back when Toyota introduced a superseded stud for these trucks. The new studs come with Loctite compound on them and they are advised to torque to 35 LB-FT I believe. I would have to find the post by Beno to confirm.

Studs 35 LB-FT
Nuts 71 LB-FT

Make sure the cone washers and flat washers are installed and DRY, not greased or oiled.
Found it: (Post #37)
36 LB-FT

Last edited:
Beno advised a stud torque a while back when Toyota introduced a superseded stud for these trucks. The new studs come with Loctite compound on them and they are advised to torque to 35 LB-FT I believe. I would have to find the post by Beno to confirm.

Studs 35 LB-FT
Nuts 71 LB-FT

Make sure the cone washers and flat washers are installed and DRY, not greased or oiled.
Found it:
36 LB-FT
That’s what I was looking for. Thanks bilt4me

Studs 35 LB-FT
Nuts 71 LB-FT

Found it:
36 LB-FT

I did say most. I might tear mine apart and torque them now.

I did say most. I might tear mine apart and torque them now.
I was criticized for torquing mine to 45 LB-FT and using red Loctite.

Then it turns out I was pretty damned close and they added thread locker.

I have not had anything come loose on mine in 130K miles of DD.

I was criticized for torquing mine to 45 LB-FT and using red Loctite.

Then it turns out I was pretty damned close and they added thread locker.

I have not had anything come loose on mine in 130K miles of DD.

What size are those studs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom