FJ40 Rear Bumper Ideas/Blueprints (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

“CAD” suite needed for a 40 bumper:

AD12B1FF-87AF-4B7D-AD40-B49E47B62CCC.jpeg

Sometimes I feel so old school. I’m using oxyacetylene, angle grinders, and only recently upgraded to mig… CAD I’ve done… but CNC seems so high tech for a 40.

:D

Proffit's bumper is the best looking one I have seen

They build theirs in two pieces which is super smart. There's a lot of holes that can be used for fasteners in the rear frame section, and some can be very tricky to get at.

They build theirs in two pieces which is super smart. There's a lot of holes that can be used for fasteners in the rear frame section, and some can be very tricky to get at.
Well that is good to know! Do they have an inner c-channel that mounts directly to the rear bumper frame and attach the outer c-channel to the inner from above and below?

Well that is good to know! Do they have an inner c-channel that mounts directly to the rear bumper frame and attach the outer c-channel to the inner from above and below?

That I do not know. Jeremiah told me that it was two piece, if he discussed anything else, I don't remember it unfortunately.

My metal fab guy wants to do a run of ten of them to get the price to a point that isn't absolutely bonkers. As is, I bet I've got $5k or better into that bumper

Interested depending on what the price turns out to be for one of the ten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom