What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It needed cleaning, now rust removal on one piece

BAB9A859-D4EF-4873-BC61-E4A70343A0AA.jpeg

@69 Pigboy I found this idea as well there are ones for 2nd row seat. I like lego like setups where I am free to hang or change bags and pouches as needed.

Screenshot_20220707-094004_AliExpress.jpg

Tacticool

So My master cylinder is going bad and I have a new one to install. I decided to pull the intake and put in new injectors, insulate the wiring harness near the EGR, replace the little vacuum lines, fuel lines, and some of the little coolant lines I couldn't get to before.
Got to use my new SST also.

20220703_165930.jpg

Those look like they fit pretty good. LINK? Some of the soft-sided molle panels like that are so saggy but these don't look too bad.
Well some photos are notoriously misleading

There are a lot of sellers basically displaying and selling same item, I did order one (its cheap so I have little faith in its quality but I hope I'm wrong) so will let you know how it is when it arrives.

Alibaba express
Tactical MOLLE Car Seat Back Organizer Nylon Universal Seat Cover Case Vehicle Panel Car Seat Cover Protector 3 Color

BA5897CC-49E0-4BC4-AEDE-A050F0EA819B.jpeg

Alternator went out while visiting my folks in Huntsville. Quick mud search while waiting on the tow to figure out where to take it. Huge thanks to Rory with Rocket City Cruisers who answered my call on a Saturday. Lucked out as a bunch of guys from the local club were wrenching at his shop. He had me back on the road in < 1.5 hrs from breakdown (including the tow there)

Got the new double DIN head unit installed. i went with the Sony XAV-AX1000 based on some decent Mud reviews (it was also on sale at BestBuy)

I thought it would be a 1-2hr install but ended up taking me 4hrs as the PO had cut off all the oem stereo plugs and had a spiders web of wires connected to the single DIN stereo he had installed. Finally got it all sorted out and the sound is great out

My only remaining issue is the a/c compressor is not kicking on now and it was working fine before I started the headunit install. All the controls on the instrument panel are lighting up and seem to be working fine... the blower works fine... and automatic temp control calls for heat and blows hot air when I slide the temp up. But nothing I do will get the a/c compressor to cycle on. I even replaced ALL the fuses in the fuse block just to be certain that was not the cause. At this point I’m open to any and all suggestions! Very Frustrating!!!

0D3FB348-B061-4517-8899-9B508F344631.jpeg
C18E627C-C649-4DA5-9F7A-6A22DF07C0BC.jpeg

Yes that Fj.was sweet my wife has 1984. Had it since 1986
Not mine...and not even an 80...but one thing I did this weekend is watch The Terminal List on Amzn Prime, which features an absolutely gorgeous FJ62.
That
Not mine...and not even an 80...but one thing I did this weekend is watch The Terminal List on Amzn Prime, which features an absolutely gorgeous FJ62.

Got the new double DIN head unit installed. i went with the Sony XAV-AX1000 based on some decent Mud reviews (it was also on sale at BestBuy)

I thought it would be a 1-2hr install but ended up taking me 4hrs as the PO had cut off all the oem stereo plugs and had a spiders web of wires connected to the single DIN stereo he had installed. Finally got it all sorted out and the sound is great out

My only remaining issue is the a/c compressor is not kicking on now and it was working fine before I started the headunit install. All the controls on the instrument panel are lighting up and seem to be working fine... the blower works fine... and automatic temp control calls for heat and blows hot air when I slide the temp up. But nothing I do will get the a/c compressor to cycle on. I even replaced ALL the fuses in the fuse block just to be certain that was not the cause. At this point I’m open to any and all suggestions! Very Frustrating!!!

View attachment 3055030View attachment 3055034

I don't believe in coincidences, pull the head unit and check the wiring. You messed something up while you were in there. First thing I would check is the AC switch....

No pictures but I swapped out my front pads for Power Stop Extreme Truck & Tow Carbon-Fiber Ceramic pads.

Power Stop Front Pads

After the break in recommended by Power Stop there is a noticeable difference in braking.

Eventually I am going to replace the axle to caliber lines with stainless steel lines to go with the frame to axle lines already installed.

Also rotated the tires as well. Using the picture below and the middle reference we will see if my wobble will go away or reduce the issue.

Really need to get new tires and alignment done to check "toe" as well.

1657471885382.png

Todays job

Hoping for faster windows and less wind noise as current door seals are no longer soft and flat in some areas.

0C3153EF-7A4D-49BF-88F9-40866C252E00.jpeg

Last step in ridding the 80 of driveline vibrations. Rear diff has been rebuilt by OTM @Bama4door , t-case replaced with lower mileage unit from @slow95z , front diff was pulled this weekend for a rebuild. FSM states that with a locking diff it needs to be locked before pulling; FMS ain't lying. I had to strip down the passenger side knuckle to reinstall the axle shaft, goes quicker the second time.

IMG_8329.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom