What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

10-4 thank you. Yes I got everything removed all the way down to and including the nut that holds the wheel on....and yanked. And yanked. And yanked...no joy. Figured I was missing some sort of ring clip or something. Put it back together for the moment. Fishing trip tmrw got cancelled, so looks like I'll be sewing instead.

A side-to-side violent rocking usually pops off the stuck ones for me. But keep the nut lightly threaded on to avoid a trip to the dentist.

What do you do when no one makes a second battery tray for an H8 size battery? Well, you cut up an old AHC motor bracket and use your 5th grade level welding skills to weld some scrap, some unused trailer spring hangers, and the power steering mount together. That's what. Now I just need the actual battery. :)

What do you do when no one makes a second battery tray for an H8 size battery? Well, you cut up an old AHC motor bracket and use your 5th grade level welding skills to weld some scrap, some unused trailer spring hangers, and the power steering mount together. That's what. Now I just need the actual battery. :)

Looks like there’s a 5th grader who’s about to graduate! Looks good man. Function over form, unless it’s seen.

Almost done with the rear bumper, but need to finish a few interior stitch welds and put the tubes on for good.

This tool is a secret weapon for sure.

20220708_233936.jpg

20220708_233953.jpg

Power steering fluid flush - black and water-like. God knows if it was red or amber previously, suspecting it was its first from how much of a bastard the return line was to get off. Can't believe people don't do this preventative stuff. Flushing used a little more than I estimated to get it clean, so went back for a 500ml top up.
Cracked the nut on the steering gear box and gave it half a turn, appeared to stop so backed it off a smidge before retightening.
Did the job, responds like a normal power steering wheel now and a lot smoother! :)
1657445639088.png

Next: that pitman arm bushing looks totaled. EDIT: tie rod end boot

Last edited:
Power steering fluid flush - black and water-like. God knows if it was red or amber previously, suspecting it was its first from how much of a bastard the return line was to get off. Can't believe people don't do this preventative stuff. Flushing used a little more than I estimated to get it clean, so went back for a 500ml top up.
Cracked the nut on the steering gear box and gave it half a turn, appeared to stop so backed it off a smidge before retightening.
Did the job, responds like a normal power steering wheel now and a lot smoother! :)
View attachment 3055187

Next: that pitman arm bushing looks totaled.

Thanks for this … what does the steering gear box nut tweak intended to do please? Did an empty and replace a few months ago on mine which eased up the stiffish steering a bit, but it’s still like wrestling a bear to turn. Cheers

Thanks for this … what does the steering gear box nut tweak intended to do please? Did an empty and replace a few months ago on mine which eased up the stiffish steering a bit, but it’s still like wrestling a bear to turn. Cheers
will be on the left side for you but basically brings the meshing of the gears closer together in the steering gear box

Got my new UCA installed replacing the problematic Total Chaos UCA with SPC light racing edition UCA and finally got my imported long travel CV axels from Australia delivered and installed. No more blown boots and axels I am hoping. Was getting tired of the almost constant yearly replacement of CV and not being able to claim warranties on them since my rig is lifted and Toyota OEM and all the reman’s out there on market if reading their fine print for their warranty on parts states “warranty is voided if vehicle is lifted and or used on 4wd applications and in all cap in the legal fine print “WARRANTY VOIDED IF INSTALLED WITHAFTERMARKET SUSPENSION LIFT!”

Got my new UCA installed replacing the problematic Total Chaos UCA with SPC light racing edition UCA and finally got my imported long travel CV axels from Australia delivered and installed. No more blown boots and axels I am hoping. Was getting tired of the almost constant yearly replacement of CV and not being able to claim warranties on them since my rig is lifted and Toyota OEM and all the reman’s out there on market if reading their fine print for their warranty on parts states “warranty is voided if vehicle is lifted and or used on 4wd applications and in all cap in the legal fine print “WARRANTY VOIDED IF INSTALLED WITHAFTERMARKET SUSPENSION LIFT!”

More details on the long travel CV axles please. That's the first I've heard of them.

Tell them “my aftermarket lift identifies as OEM“

Hauled 1,200lbs (25 bags) of paver sand for a patio. Decided not to get bulk delivered to the house because all the places around me have a 3yrd minimum + delivery fee which was a lot more than I needed. It really reaffirmed my need for a rear bumper though. With Iron Man springs and Tough Dog shocks, it rides soooo much better with weight in the back!

17EBAA27-1897-4D5D-BAD1-05A0BB6B2A9B.jpeg

Got my aftermarket rear view camera working where the Teyes automatically shows it when shifting into reverse. Details about the install here: LX470 2004 | Need help with Android Screen - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lx470-2004-need-help-with-android-screen.1277592/page-14#post-14517117

If you're wondering, I have a windshield sun shade on right now. Overall, pretty happy with how quickly it works and also the improved video quality over the OEM camera.

View attachment 3055761
Did you take off the white OEM clips from the OEM unit and put it on the new frame. If not it will cause that huge gap at the top.

Yes please… More details on the long travel CV axles please. That's the first I've heard of them.

Replaced my tired LX AHC springs with 05-07 LC AHC Springs (Purple and Brown labelled) + 30 mm spacers. Insulators were included in these 2 toyota P/Ns.
I removed the diff breather mount and a brake hard line + soft section out of an abundance of caution while dropping the rear diff.

Right side spring was easy. Without a second person, I got the left spring on with the help of a factory bottle jack sitting on the diff housing (next to the rear left crossmember). It was anchored against a rubber block on the frame in wheel well area to get the amount of clearance needed.

The @LandCruiserPhil factory bottle jack adapter comes in handy for seating the left spring in case the frame/diff is off-center if you're not working on perfectly even ground.
View attachment 3036257
View attachment 3036258
View attachment 3036259
Bro, the bottom of your truck looks new! I'm impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom