SOLD Buffalo, NY: 68-74 FJ40 Wiper Motor restored (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For Sale

Completely restored wiper motor, top mount style
Fullcropped.jpg

I have probably over 20 hours into this thing
Original, very hard to find screw down park switch cover included and in amazing shape

Work done:
1. All parts carefully removed and degreased in ultrasonic cleaner
2. Old worn down brushes replaced with new carbon brushes from Helwig Carbon Products
3. All rubber/plastic (relay cover, push rod rubber) soaked in silicone oil to restore pliability
4. Metal housing sanded, body filler added to smooth minor surface issues, primed, and painted with Duplicolor Stainless Steel, and clear coated
5. New wire connector plastic (thanks Coolerman!)
6. Re-greased with white lithium grease and assembled

Tested and working
Price: $400 plus shipping

Thinking about doing this as a service. PM me for details!
New3.jpg

Newclose.jpg

plastic.jpg

New2crop.jpg

As somebody who has restored several of these now, I wanted to commend you on the quality of the work you did. It takes me a lot longer than 20 hours, so I will need to step up my game. I also want to say that $400 is a GREAT price for this level of restoration.

Good Luck With Your Sale and Great Work!!!!
That is so nice thank you! 20 hours is just a guess. In reality it was probably a lot longer. It is something I like doing so if you know anyone with a core who wants it done let me know.

I will be doing one for @Birdhead pretty soon. Stay tuned for a thread!

I would like to have this for my ‘68. Would you be interested in taking a couple of cores as payment?

1657235864716.jpeg

Kinda looking for cash at the moment but open to the possibility. That being said, would you consider sending me a core to refurbish? My fee is negotiable since you’ve helped me out in the past.
That could certainly work too. I’m in no particular rush. I don’t drive that cruiser all that much.

Call him on the phone at his shop. That is how you talk to Mark. Leave a message with your number if he does not answer.

I am on a train at the moment.

I got your message. Definitely interested. Just have a lot of irons in the fire. Yesterday was focused on finishing another transfer case and dealing with USPS BS with a replacement check from @Skreddy , which I finally got.

Sometimes I fret that I don’t have more business. Then something as simple as this comes along and reminds me to bcareful what I wish for.

I am on a train at the moment.

I got your message. Definitely interested. Just have a lot of irons in the fire. Yesterday was focused on finishing another transfer case and dealing with USPS BS with a replacement check from @Skreddy , which I finally got.

Sometimes I fret that I don’t have more business. Then something as simple as this comes along and reminds me to bcareful what I wish for.
Ok! Sounds good. Let me know when you get some time

Don’t forget to put the snap ring on the shaft, I see one is missing which could allow the gear to slide into the gear box. Can’t see the other shaft.
Looks good! GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom