Strange issue with the power door lock function (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

At least yours are predictable. My 96 seems to function randomly, sometimes locking everything, sometimes unlocking everything, and occasionally honking the horn incessantly because I did something untoward such as unlocking the drivers side door with my key.

Having it lock me out with the keys in the ignition as it's last act of defiance because I couldn't learn it's wily ways has me concerned enough to carry a spare key in my wallet.

I'm not joking, either. It's like a woman, this locking system. An Italian woman.
Do you still have the RS3000 POS under your drivers seat, if so pull it out and throw it away

Do you still have the RS3000 POS under your drivers seat, if so pull it out and throw it away
A properly installed RS3000 is absolutely NOT a POS. It is not at all fair to lump improper installation or environmental issues into the equation. PERIOD.

A properly installed RS3000 is absolutely NOT a POS. It is not at all fair to lump improper installation or environmental issues into the equation. PERIOD.

I don't agree, I have removed four OE installations that appeared to be in perfect condition, no corrosion on the terminals where they connected inside, nothing apparently wrong on the boards either, they simply stopped working. The faults went from doors not opening to random refusals to arm, even the switches in the doors were double checked, good continuity between connections, they simply misbehaved or died, customers were reluctant to bin the old system but needed something that worked, and I think this is the issue, they are simply old and worn out.

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
So when ever we have done swaps, for some reason, the fine dealer installed RS3000 seams to be an issue , and that they are at least 20+ years old I just right away tend to bin them and the issues go away :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom