92 HDJ81 radiator-where to get? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys where do you guys get a radiator for a 92 HDJ81?

There's one's on ebay that ship from Australia, bout $400 + tax.
I was in a hurry and bought an FZJ80 one from the US for my HDJ, was a bit of a pain but I made it work. It was under $200 ca to my door if I remember right.

There's one's on ebay that ship from Australia, bout $400 + tax.
I was in a hurry and bought an FZJ80 one from the US for my HDJ, was a bit of a pain but I made it work. It was under $200 ca to my door if I remember right.
what did you have to change?

A 3FE radiator is a direct bolt in. I used a CSF off RockAuto when I replaced mine last year.
thanks,i remember i had install a rediator for a german world traveller about 9 yrs ago when he was travelling fron USA to alaska,his rad was leaking in winnipeg but i just cant remember which rad i put in,i know it was from a gas cruiser ........

i couldn't find a 3FE one when I was looking.
For the FZJ one I had to screw with the fan shroud quite a bit and a right side mount was off too. Course I had to block the tranny coolers too but that's not a worry for you. It took awhile but it saved me 2 weeks shipping from Aus. US shipping is fast cause I have a U.S shipping address in Maine

i couldn't find a 3FE one when I was looking.
For the FZJ one I had to screw with the fan shroud quite a bit and a right side mount was off too. Course I had to block the tranny coolers too but that's not a worry for you. It took awhile but it saved me 2 weeks shipping from Aus. US shipping is fast cause I have a U.S shipping address in Maine
i just look at rock auto and the 3FE and 1FZFE rad are exactly the same except the bottom inlet is 1/8" off

huh i thought they there were more differences when I was looking. BTW my US ebay FZJ one is plastic, the direct bolt in ones from aus are aluminum units

Never had one, I just assumed they'd be better than plastic. But then again the oem is plastic and it lasted 30 years so who knows
Nothing wrong with aluminum, the plastic on OEM does get brittle after a while I prefer an aluminum radiator maybe even one with a thicker core and better cooling performance

Has anyone gone with a Aluminum Radiator with electric fans?
If you got the room why not but don’t think there’s much room if you have a intercooler/oil cooler in front.

But if someone has electric fan and alloy rad I would love to see what they done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom