1HD-T - Possible air leak from fuel primer ? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's only the tiny o ring on the plastic drain peacock on the bottom. If it leaks again I'll get one but it was perfectly in fine shape.

Off course, not at all important despite the amount of grief you have suffered, and of course your car will never pack up in the middle of nowhere, at night and pissing down with rain....oh and the torch batteries are flat.

Regards

Dave

I live in Canada. It's the arctic in winter. When the truck came over from Japan it was -40c. The diesel froze. I had to get a tow truck to bring it to storage to thaw. Expensive mistake

Years ago, it was common for UK truck drivers to set fires under the fuel tanks to warm the diesel, so know what your talking about, given the small amount this stuff costs I would go with new filter with new 'O' rings, do it once and do it right.

Regards

Dave

Years ago, it was common for UK truck drivers to set fires under the fuel tanks to warm the diesel, so know what your talking about, given the small amount this stuff costs I would go with new filter with new 'O' rings, do it once and do it right.

Regards

Dave
The 80 is one of 4 vehicles I currently own. I don't depend on it for getting me down the pan american. 😄

The 80 is one of 4 vehicles I currently own. I don't depend on it for getting me down the pan american. 😄

No you just are not getting it. Of course I could be wrong, you are undoubtedly towing one of the other three when your 80 breaks down, what an idiot I am for not thinking of that!

Cars do breakdown however, careful maintenance has proven to reduce these incidences, refitting second hand parts that cost pence (cents) when new is frankly well....just wrong. I note you came to the forum for help/advice, a good move IMO, but when given good advice you knock it back?

I give up, clearly the knowledge base here on MUD including mine being a mechanic with my own business and a mere 50 years experience is clearly not enough.

Regards

Dave

No you just are not getting it. Of course I could be wrong, you are undoubtedly towing one of the other three when your 80 breaks down, what an idiot I am for not thinking of that!

Cars do breakdown however, careful maintenance has proven to reduce these incidences, refitting second hand parts that cost pence (cents) when new is frankly well....just wrong. I note you came to the forum for help/advice, a good move IMO, but when given good advice you knock it back?

I give up, clearly the knowledge base here on MUD including mine being a mechanic with my own business and a mere 50 years experience is clearly not enough.

Regards

Dave
The 80 is old and I expect nothing less of it giving me spending pains for a long time. I've already changed the turbo, intercooler and exhaust with shiny new bits. They're will be more to come.

The 80 is old and I expect nothing less of it giving me spending pains for a long time. I've already changed the turbo, intercooler and exhaust with shiny new bits. They're will be more to come.

Great and keep one of your spare cars on the trailer behind you. ;)

Regards

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom