97 1fzj 80 wont start, ECM voltage issue? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

Searched a few threads here already but hope someone has an idea that might help out with the starting issue of my 80.

Have a 97 TRD supercharged 80 series, being restored over the last 2 years. Engine has been out, seals replaced etc.
Now engine is back in and it was starting, not idling great and shutting off. Threw code P1300, ignition module or circuit. And now it doesn't want to start at all..

Shop gave me the following message:
Upon following service information for the diagnosis of the running, dying and then no starting of the Land Cruiser we have come to the conclusion that the ECM will have to be sent out to be repaired or replaced with a known good part. I have attached A few documents breaking down the diagnostic procedures. We have gotten the mechanic to go beyond that and check every part of the circuit To Make sure that everything is dialed as it should be and everything checks out Except for the ECM voltage output for the Ignitor 5V Ref circuit. The Ecm is putting out 6.29V Constant Which exceeds the 5V max that the transistors internal to the Ecm control. The only next step will be to replace the Ecm and retest as per step #5 in the attached document.

They have checked the ignition coil and is working working, ignition module has been swapped with another one and no difference.

Thank you for any input and if this needs to be posted in another section, please let me know.

Attachments

• docs, June28.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 59
I'm not sure on the dying part, sometimes my 95' wouldn't start. It'll click when trying to start then eventually turn over. Delt with it for years and folks swore it was the alternator. Turned out to be the Ignition switch.

Hi y'all.....new to the forum. Just picked up a '97 LX450 with the same problem so I will be watching this thread develop.

I'm not sure on the dying part, sometimes my 95' wouldn't start. It'll click when trying to start then eventually turn over. Delt with it for years and folks swore it was the alternator. Turned out to be the Ignition switch.
Do you mean the key ignition switch?

Hi y'all.....new to the forum. Just picked up a '97 LX450 with the same problem so I will be watching this thread develop.
Welcome to the forum! You have the high voltage out of spec out of the ecm as well? And no spark?

Welcome to the forum! You have the high voltage out of spec out of the ecm as well? And no spark?
Undetermined. I don't think I am getting spark. So far my basic spark test is negative. I have checked ignition coil, EFI relay, Control relay, fuel pump relay, fuel pump operation, and distributor/points. This is a new-to-me '97 LX450 that I bought from a woman whose husband died. He had the vehicle 98% done and had the intake apart and was in the middle of diagnosis. She said he thought he needed to replace the ECM. While I am a decent mechanic, Land Cruisers are new to me and I haven't worked on a Toyota since I sold my '93 truck two decades ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom