Anyone here have a source for Transfer Case Bushings approximate 3/4 ID and 1 1/8 OD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my transfer case uses the Advance Adapters plate to mount the transfer case. The bolts holding the mount to the frame are about 3/4 diameter with a 15/16 head. I will get exact measurements when I get home tonight. Looking on the Advance Adapters website they don't have just a replacement bushing. I will also post some photos as they are always helpful.

Also a photo added to show the Transfer case engagement I am trying to fix, partially with bushings.

IMG_4368.JPG

IMG_4400.JPG

IMG_4399.JPG

I could not find a replacement either. I have same mount. I see in your pic that bottom rubber is toast. I had to build my own set. If you still have the big cupped washers, save them, they help the bushing from mushrooming over the bolt head. I used large urethane leaf bushings on end, cut to length ( pass side is shorter than driver ), same for bottom cut down as needed to get nut & washers on. The alignment issue with 4wd lever is the bushing at the pivot point, the end should be about 1/4 in up to it matches the rail. Can you lift shift linkage enough to achieve proper alignment ? Have you done a full stuff pass side clearance check on the dline & trans pan ?

I could not find a replacement either. I have same mount. I see in your pic that bottom rubber is toast. I had to build my own set. If you still have the big cupped washers, save them, they help the bushing from mushrooming over the bolt head. I used large urethane leaf bushings on end, cut to length ( pass side is shorter than driver ), same for bottom cut down as needed to get nut & washers on. The alignment issue with 4wd lever is the bushing at the pivot point, the end should be about 1/4 in up to it matches the rail. Can you lift shift linkage enough to achieve proper alignment ? Have you done a full stuff pass side clearance check on the dline & trans pan ?
Removed the passenger side rubber yesterday. Don't have the washers, not sure where they ended up. I am addressing the linkage hopefully with the bushing. And I have checked the dline and trans pan, they clear fine.

Did you just buy a generic bushing? I am going to be taking measurements of everything this weekend/next week and trying to find something close to fit, unless there is a response from someone.

I checked alot of places for similar sized generic bushings, that was a search fest with no real intel. I think IIRC Marlin crawler had a set on their site or maybe it was Front Range. I needed it done that is why I went with urethane spring bushings, the hole size was right and i had a bag of them on hand. If I were patient I would have sourced the correct stuff somewhere.

Found this, Summit Racing - search PTP-6-1602-BL- may have to shave the big ones down and it doesnt come with the cup washers.
Summit also has #716008 , its an AA part for Heep crossmember but it has the right washers you are missing.

Ordered the Crown Auto Body Mount - J5459515. We will see if it works. Called Crown and asked them for the dimensions of the bushing. The Tech guy had no idea. Could not tell me anything. I will need to go source the washers for them as well.

Have you called Advanced Adapters and asked for bushings? They don't list everything on their site individually.

These are pretty close to the mount you are looking for. Pretty cheap too.

Thats a good kit for it because the smaller bottom rubber has the indexing shoulder that fits in the oversized hole on the frame side of mount.

Thanks for the input, gonna order it and see what happens.
Have you called Advanced Adapters and asked for bushings? They don't list everything on their site individually.

Thanks for the link. Gonna order it and see what happens. Looks close enough to work. Even with the bolt provided.

Ordered, we will see how it works. Should be here sometime next week.

They have everything. Just what I was looking for. guess I have no excuses to start me overlanding trailer build
I use them all the time. Great resource.

Not sure I seen a resolution to the 4WD alignment. Is that the exhaust that right next to it? Being that you have a one piece case the piece on the end of the shifter engages shift rod from the transfer case was probably a round metal. Later ones used a square nylon piece. Neither style had anything that extended past the arm on the opposite side. Appears to have an automatic by the pan. Which means an adapter is used to mount transfer shifter. Alignment side to side appears to be good. Just sits a little low. My suggestion is to get a new shifter that had the correct end. By the bolt head rubbing the exhaust probably required drilling out the arm. With the correct arm should the able to figure out how to raise mounting bracket on the transmission so the height alignment is correct. Minus the bolt end should clear the exhaust without a problem. Not sure how the nylon square would hold up to the heat of the exhaust that. That was probably done to help with vibration in the transfer case lever.

Parts I've collected over the years. Look on the lower right will see both styles of shift arms.
20220103_140812.jpg

?, how many land cruisers have you gone thru to end up with that pile ? Do you just change the trans and tcase each time ?? Or do you service trans/tcase for others ?

The universal kit worked great. We will see how durable it is.

6A3B433A-A12B-4363-850C-D2E515A2060C.jpeg

Not sure I seen a resolution to the 4WD alignment. Is that the exhaust that right next to it? Being that you have a one piece case the piece on the end of the shifter engages shift rod from the transfer case was probably a round metal. Later ones used a square nylon piece. Neither style had anything that extended past the arm on the opposite side. Appears to have an automatic by the pan. Which means an adapter is used to mount transfer shifter. Alignment side to side appears to be good. Just sits a little low. My suggestion is to get a new shifter that had the correct end. By the bolt head rubbing the exhaust probably required drilling out the arm. With the correct arm should the able to figure out how to raise mounting bracket on the transmission so the height alignment is correct. Minus the bolt end should clear the exhaust without a problem. Not sure how the nylon square would hold up to the heat of the exhaust that. That was probably done to help with vibration in the transfer case lever.

Parts I've collected over the years. Look on the lower right will see both styles of shift arms.
View attachment 3046501
I’m Going to my welder buddies house tomorrow and he’s going to fix the alignment on the current shifter here’s some photos it only has to be shorten 1/2 of an inch and then he can weld a something on the end.

7AD04D47-EEA3-4FD1-A596-387A42C2910A.jpeg

31C8D210-1B21-4DAE-AA5C-7ADDF80D25CA.jpeg

837B6C3B-F01B-4DA3-A232-8E8B2A2BE110.jpeg

CF0612D1-A9DF-4ABB-BEB4-54B06A027756.jpeg

The problem with the transfer case shift linkage is the mounting location of the pin it pivots on. Take a look at the bracket it is mounted to and see about raising it the required amount.

The nub on the rod the rides in the slot is actually a pressed in piece in the shift arm. That bolt head is going to hit your exhaust pipe when raised if not replaced. Here is what the factory one looks like:

IMG_20140903_174632[1].jpg

Last edited:
Normally the larger bushing would be the one holding the load as in the one on the right below.

View attachment 3048183

The smaller bushing just provides some rebound control.
There was no fitting that bushing in that correct order I could barely fit the smaller rubber bushing in between the mounting location and there was no way to put that above so I had to work with what I had

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom