Builds The Sheepdog this thing is hairy! july 1977 blue fj40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Manifold seems to be back in working order. It is so much quieter. On to the next thing. Plan is to fix the sunroof hole sand blast the sides paint and assemble.

D70CD9DF-AD90-43EC-8834-EFE41D7D04E0.jpeg

FDE2D5D3-7282-4874-9BD8-DC69D347B0CB.jpeg

CD9A136D-E341-4980-BC67-130DB1528103.jpeg

Just went through the whole thread. Wow, simply amazing! Your efforts and fortitude are exemplary. I've done several restorations on other vehicles and ground-up builds, but working on my first 40, also. If I had that amount of deterioration, I might have just bought a 3/4 tub. When you have nothing but air and space to reference where parts are supposed to be, it's difficult. Your build has come a long way. Congratulations.

Just went through the whole thread. Wow, simply amazing! Your efforts and fortitude are exemplary. I've done several restorations on other vehicles and ground-up builds, but working on my first 40, also. If I had that amount of deterioration, I might have just bought a 3/4 tub. When you have nothing but air and space to reference where parts are supposed to be, it's difficult. Your build has come a long way. Congratulations.
Thank you for the kind words. I have alot of people on this board to thank for inspiration and for answers to my questions weather directly or thru the search function. This is not a perfect recreation. Just some thing for me to drive around. There is still lots to do. Chipping away. Then hopefully lots of miles to drive!. Again thank you for the kind words.

You wouldn’t happen to have an extra triangle brace that made for the inside of the passenger rocker panel that you’d be willing to sell?

You wouldn’t happen to have an extra triangle brace that made for the inside of the passenger rocker panel that you’d be willing to sell?
You can easily make them, I have an explanation in my “rebuilding a 40 in a one car garage” tread.
link is in my sig.

a bit more work today. I need to keep this level of motivation up. Hammer formed the patch panel for the outside skin. It’s pretty close i think you’d need radius gauges to see if it’s off. Sometime just diving in you surprise your self with what can be done. I owe mud and youtube a lot for my progress

6900D8AF-B7EA-45DE-9FBF-CC2D3CC79E22.jpeg

9E2F4C8E-464C-44F8-A7B3-46B624236751.jpeg

Kick A!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom