FJ25 & Very early FJ40 Front Bumper “group buy” - Gauging Interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I epoxy primed mine, no paint yet.
Mike

20220503_152016.jpg

Do we believe it’s the same pewter for the later models? Like the one cruisercorps or jt outfitters sells?
That’s the one I would use. You’ll see some reference to Toyota ash gray T145 on this forum, but it’s too silvery.

That said, if you buy 3 new factory pewter parts from Toyota today, they’ll probably come three slightly different shades of grey. Not a lot of QC on that color these days so I wonder how much consistency there was 70 years ago. Either way, the T145 isn’t really suitable for a quality restoration. The JT color is very good, but the last I knew it only came in a spray can which isn’t going to provide restoration quality results. Best bet would be to have a known Toyota part scanned and matched at your local paint jobber.

I have a new factory bumper on my 1981 and need to stop at the paint shop this week for some primer for the LV I’m working on. I may be able to have him scan the color and give me a formula. I use PPG paints. Is there a different brand you like to use?

Last edited:
That’s the one I would use. You’ll see some reference to Toyota ash gray T145 on this forum, but it’s too silvery.

That said, if you buy 3 new factory pewter parts from Toyota today, they’ll probably come three slightly different shades of grey. Not a lot of QC on that color these days so I wonder how much consistency there was 70 years ago. Either way, the T145 isn’t really suitable for a quality restoration. The JT color is very good, but the last I knew it only came in a spray can which isn’t going to provide restoration quality results. Best bet would be to have a known Toyota part scanned and matched at your local paint jobber.

I have a new factory bumper on my 1981 and need to stop at the paint shop this week for some primer for the LV I’m working on. I may be able to have him scan the color and give me a formula. I use PPG paints. Is there a different brand you like to use?
PPG for sure, if you get a formula let me know I think I’d like to spray all these 25 bumpers at the same time so agree the spray paint cans would not be the ideal way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom