Clean 62 Build Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Much prefer the aesthetics of these over other LEDs I've seen as they look like a sealed beam. To run these in a 62, would just need to get a conversion pigtail (or rewire the existing connector) to mate up to stock wiring config, no?
Here's a thread where @c2dfj45 installed them in his 60. He has a link to a pigtail on Amazon. Not sure if that works for the 62 as well.

Here's a thread where @c2dfj45 installed them in his 60. He has a link to a pigtail on Amazon. Not sure if that works for the 62 as well.
I see him make reference to an Amazon item but there is no pic or link for it.

I watched video from Holley and seems like it comes with an adapter to match light wiring to car wiring pattern:

1656445802093.png

Honestly I was so set on the H1/4 upgrade with new wiring I am not as up to speed with LED bulb swaps. Will High Beam Indicator still work with them?

I see him make reference to an Amazon item but there is no pic or link for it.

Honestly I was so set on the H1/4 upgrade with new wiring I am not as up to speed with LED bulb swaps. Will High Beam Indicator still work with them?
Here's the link he posted, which allows newer lights to work on a ground switch system. I don't know that Holley's adapter is the same.
Amazon product ASIN B07R76NZYP
I was looking into the H4/1 upgrade as well but stumbled on this. I'm curious to find someone who's installed these in a 62.

Here's the link he posted, which allows newer lights to work on a ground switch system. I don't know that Holley's adapter is the same.
Amazon product ASIN B07R76NZYP
I was looking into the H4/1 upgrade as well but stumbled on this. I'm curious to find someone who's installed these in a 62.
Weird:

1656450799990.png

Also looks like this harness lets you run quad low/high beams:

And thinking this is adapter that saves you trouble of re-pinning stock connector:

Build this. Everything will work, including low beams, high beams, high beam light on dash, and flash function.

Build this. Everything will work, including low beams, high beams, high beam light on dash, and flash function.
Thanks, had that bookmarked already from previous "research". What is confusing me is that if I installed the Holley LEDs and used their H820 adapter linked above to mate to the truck connectors, will I have issues?

Or you could buy OEM Toyota H4 housing with plug & play harness. available from your local dealer p/n 81110-60P70 for under $100 (I got mine for ~$60 two years ago). significant lighting upgrade that's not complicated to install, high quality, serviceable, for way less than the LED options.
EDIT: forgot this is a 62, nvm

Last edited:
My experience and recommendation with vendors: Cruiser Outfitters for OME suspension; Trail-Tailor for Tough Dog suspension.

You can also get stock height shocks (Fox, RadFlo, etc.) and stock height springs and run 31's to keep the look clean/stock.

Preventative, sound quality, & other steps I did when I first got my 60:

Stripped the interior, POR-15'd the floor and inner welds/seams; POR-15'd the frame (body on); DynaMat floor, doors, inside qtr panels.

Replaced all seals, weatherstripping, etc.

Rebuilt steering box & replaced steering components.

JW speaker headlights with SLCFJ62 harness

Upgraded battery/starter cables

Mean Green starter & alternator

Second Skin & Lizard Skin - one of them makes a heat & sound combination mat as an option to Dynamat.

Any soft rubber parts I kept, I reconditioned with Gummi-pflege (which I still use today).

I'm also a parts whore, so I started buying everything still available.

Pace yourself - what I thought would take a few years at max turned into a 10 year journey of pain, frustration but ultimately pleasure=)

Shane

Or you could buy OEM Toyota H4 housing with plug & play harness. available from your local dealer p/n 81110-60P70 for under $100 (I got mine for ~$60 two years ago). significant lighting upgrade that's not complicated to install, high quality, serviceable, for way less than the LED options.

This will work for a 40/55/60

Not a 62

This looks like a kit including round headlights. Can you just use the wiring? Or how does this work for the FJ62 4 headlamp setup?

This looks like a kit including round headlights. Can you just use the wiring? Or how does this work for the FJ62 4 headlamp setup?
It does NOT work for a 62. This is only for a pair of round lamps (60, etc).

It does NOT work for a 62. This is only for a pair of round lamps (60, etc).
We just got our Holley squares in for a 62.....waited a long time for them to get here. We'll try to get them in next week. Not sure how the wiring will be but not overly concerned. These will be able to run as 4 low beams and 4 high beams which is pretty cool.
20220630_100059.jpg
20220630_074637.jpg

We just got our Holley squares in for a 62.....waited a long time for them to get here. We'll try to get them in next week. Not sure how the wiring will be but not overly concerned. These will be able to run as 4 low beams and 4 high beams which is pretty cool.

Would love if you did an install thread on these!

That's a good idea....I can do a quick thread on them.
Off the bat was a little confused if this is necessary to mate to the 62 or if the adapter they included (the wires and plugs in your pic on top of light) can be used to change wiring order:

I went with new harness, new hella housing and bulbs. I then added a set of Baja design fog/driving lights. I looked at the JW speaker but liked the look of the halogen lights (color temp & aesthetics for this older truck). I also like that the Baja design lights have replaceable lenses and they also sell rock guards if needed. I don’t do a ton of off roading but I’ve already had 2 rock chips on the headlights. I’m guessing the brick shape of the fj62 doesn’t help;) Do you have to replace the whole jw speaker light if/when you get a rock chip?
As for performance, the h4 bulbs are incredibly bright on the new harness and if you turn them and the LED fog/driving on it’s crazy, not to mention you can select from a few different color temp and wattage bulbs that are also cheap. When I got my rock chips it was a 25 buck repair. I’m not sure of the lumen output of the h4 bulbs on the new harness but compared to the Baja designs LEDs they are pretty similar to my eye. The Baja designs LEDs specs say they make 3150 lumens and the JW speaker specs say they put out 2250 lumens.

I went with new harness, new hella housing and bulbs. I then added a set of Baja design fog/driving lights. I looked at the JW speaker but liked the look of the halogen lights (color temp & aesthetics for this older truck). I also like that the Baja design lights have replaceable lenses and they also sell rock guards if needed. I don’t do a ton of off roading but I’ve already had 2 rock chips on the headlights. I’m guessing the brick shape of the fj62 doesn’t help;) Do you have to replace the whole jw speaker light if/when you get a rock chip?
As for performance, the h4 bulbs are incredibly bright on the new harness and if you turn them and the LED fog/driving on it’s crazy, not to mention you can select from a few different color temp and wattage bulbs that are also cheap. When I got my rock chips it was a 25 buck repair. I’m not sure of the lumen output of the h4 bulbs on the new harness but compared to the Baja designs LEDs they are pretty similar to my eye. The Baja designs LEDs specs say they make 3150 lumens and the JW speaker specs say they put out 2250 lumens.
So I appreciate the link to the harness... but which configuration did you purchase?

And did you purchase the hella housing and bulbs from the same website? If so, do you have details/links of those?

Lastly would love to see the Baja Design fog/driving lights you purchased.

I, like you, would love a lighting upgrade, but I'm not ready to drop a paycheck on the lights, even though I know they're important... just need to get the stock-ish stuff working as well as possible...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom