The canal boat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got some good news on the bumper and the LC

I've been vocal about Dave and I want to be vocal both directions.

We spent some time going back and forth today. He feels he's bailed a timeline down for my bumper that I find acceptable. I'm hoping to have it by the last week in July.
But as consolation he offered to ship me his own bumper tomorrow or refund my money. So he was completely willing to make any amends possible.

I'm still not happy that it took this long to get any answer, but Dave is making it right.

The trans shop called and wants to keep the rig through tomorrow but it's done.

Got some good news on the bumper and the LC

I've been vocal about Dave and I want to be vocal both directions.

We spent some time going back and forth today. He feels he's bailed a timeline down for my bumper that I find acceptable. I'm hoping to have it by the last week in July.
But as consolation he offered to ship me his own bumper tomorrow or refund my money. So he was completely willing to make any amends possible.

I'm still not happy that it took this long to get any answer, but Dave is making it right.

The trans shop called and wants to keep the rig through tomorrow but it's done.
Any more info on your tranny? Why did it shell out in the first place?

Any more info on your tranny? Why did it shell out in the first place?

I want to ask them in person.

I'm standing by my guess that when the pump and bushing failed right after the rebuild the converter was damaged and continued to slip until it built enough heat to cook the trans.

So you can take it on your trip?

So you can take it on your trip?

Not in the land cruiser

I'm not taking a rig I get back tomorrow on a 3500 mile drive Friday.
It's getting the trans cooler and temp gauge before it goes anywhere.

Last edited:
Funny.

I wrote that and deleted it right above you cause too many of the newbies get bent out of shape.

Especially aircraft mechanics. 😂😂
Hey, I'm an aircraft mechanic (once upon a time)! FU BRO. Who's your supervisor???!???!?

Hey, I'm an aircraft mechanic (once upon a time)! FU BRO. Who's your supervisor???!???!?

We had a couple of guys com in the factory last night from out on the flight line and their first question was who's your supervisor and rather than attempt to help them I instantly got defensive and said why?

We had a couple of guys com in the factory last night from out on the flight line and their first question was who's your supervisor and rather than attempt to help them I instantly got defensive and said why?
Valid response. WTF do you want to know would've been my response, hence the reason I'm retiring from the military.

Picked up the canal boat from the trans shop

They agree that converter slippage caused excess heat and killed the trans.

They can't determine if a weak pump from the previous failure caused the converter to slip when locked or if the converter experienced damage when the pump failed and was just "never right".

Regardless it operates correctly now.

Picked up the canal boat from the trans shop

They agree that converter slippage caused excess heat and killed the trans.

They can't determine if a weak pump from the previous failure caused the converter to slip when locked or if the converter experienced damage when the pump failed and was just "never right".

Regardless it operates correctly now.
Congrats, but I’m not holding my breath

Temp sensor and gauge showed up.

Sensor is a little to long and protrudes into the union to far. So I ordered a 1/8-27npt male to female adapter that'll move it back just far enough.

I'll wire the red to my power box under the hood, the black to a ground under my console and the orange is getting tossed. JDM cruisers don't have a dimmer.

View attachment 3025609
Any idea what length your sensor was? I'm eying the same fitting from Radd Cruisers and a 0.87" sensor (standard 1/8" VDO apparently). Trying to figure out if I'll need/want the male-to-female adapter as a spacer or not. A bit hard to tell from the photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom