What did you do on your 70 series today? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking to grab those wheels on the BJ74! What size are those ?

Pretty sure those are the FJ Cruiser/4 runner spec. I'll be running those as soon as my tires come in, which should be this week. They are selling almost new take-offs on Ebay for like $75 and free shipping.

17x7.5" 6 on 5.5 Black Steel Wheel Fits Tacoma 4Runner Fj Cruiser WE40596T

You will have to run spacers with these to clear.

Looking to grab those wheels on the BJ74! What size are those

They are 17" FJCruiser steel wheels. I think they are 7.5inches wide.

eBay

Tires are 35x10.50R17 Kenda Klever's.

I shoulda just went to regular 9 or 10" wide wheels so I can run 35x12.50's instead.

Still diggin' the Cummins R2.8. Have had zero issues with it and already logged 10,000 miles! Last weekend we did a bike tour on the North Rim... got 27mpg both legs of this drive, which is HUGE in the wind like we've had in the SouthWest.

hj75.jpg

Bikepacking the Rainbow Rim Trail-136.jpg

Bikepacking the Rainbow Rim Trail-90.jpg

Bikepacking the Rainbow Rim Trail-141.jpg

The big Uline catalog is a good one too!

I made the 24V-12V trailer conversion box, used a rare earth magnet on the back of it to stick it inside the quarter panel

View attachment 3038882
Very nice packaging and setup.
Where do you take-0ff your 12V from?
Is it an electronic step-down converter or the positive of the 12V battery?

I use some kind of an electronic solid-state box (instead of the relay box) which is connected to a 24to12 converter. The picture shows the solid-state box

IMG-20220628-WA0015.jpg

@Omrib I have a 24-12V step down converter mounted under my hood. I believe mine is the Pyle 30amp one. think when Owhyee Jackass did his he pulled the 12V from his Redarc unit (not positive though)

I would like to have a Redarc and a 3rd battery in the future.

Pretty sure those are the FJ Cruiser/4 runner spec. I'll be running those as soon as my tires come in, which should be this week. They are selling almost new take-offs on Ebay for like $75 and free shipping.

17x7.5" 6 on 5.5 Black Steel Wheel Fits Tacoma 4Runner Fj Cruiser WE40596T

You will have to run spacers with these to clear.
Thanks ben! its either those or the toyota steelies, dont wanna run spacers so might go for the toyotas!

Thanks ben! its either those or the toyota steelies, dont wanna run spacers so might go for the toyotas!

Depends if you want 16s or 17s. There are some gulf coast Spec rims that are the right backspace but they were harder to find and a chunk more money.
I believe @Honger got those when he was over there.

Depends if you want 16s or 17s. There are some gulf coast Spec rims that are the right backspace but they were harder to find and a chunk more money.

They are hilux wheels. P/N: 42611-60B70 Ran them on the PZJ70 without spacers without any issues.

PZJ70.JPEG

60B70.JPG

I wanna run 16s. So I think the Toyota Steelers wil givel me the best fit. I wanna run 285 75 16 toyo mts

Truck is sick?

It's owner was exposed to covid by business visitors (one of them tested positive after the visit) last week so I am having to do this BS covid test to prove I am negative so Toyota HR will reactivate my badge so I can get into work. I don't work for Toyota but I still have to go inside the main Toyota building every day so their rules also apply to me as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom