New 1fz-fe owner (94) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You stole it, did you take a gun to go look at it :doh:
Best year and best color and K924 to boot.

Don't go to crazy trying to base line it. get the breaks working and the AC. Change the oil do a tune up and then drive it, let the cruiser tell you what it needs.
This is the best forum and most on here are really helpful !! but if you let then they have you replacing every nut and bolt on it with ones that have been gold zinc plated by Joey

Welcome to the madness and get your wallet ready

Oh yeah we're a visual group, post up more pictures please !!

Oh yeah we're a visual group, post up more pictures please !!
This makes me feel better...I'm gonna do exactly that. I'm on business right now but I'll take some interior pics and some pics or the rust I've got to fix on the body:) when I get home this weekend. Carpet ended up cleaning up well, but the dash is loose

Thanks for the help thus far guys. I got 3 of the 4 bleeder screws loose and bled the brakes as well as I could. I got enough of a pedal to feel comfy driving it around until my new rotors/pads and 1 new caliper arrive. In the mean time i've got a few more questions.

#1. My transfer case shifter is stuck fast. I gave it some muscle in neutral and it didn't budge....I'm reluctant to really hulk it. I read that there may be debris in the linkage, or that there may be a solenoid issue. What would you all do to troubleshoot this.?

#2. The previous owner tossed in the strange little jumper as seen in the attached picture. It's in the stop light fuse, and if I remove it my truck stays in park unless i use a screw driver to bypass. The fuse is not blown. I know that this redneckary is not specific to FJ80's, but what could be happening here?

#3. The other attached pictures are showing things that are missing in my dash. I was hoping to find a pick n pull version that I could use as a template, but would one of you guys mind telling me what's missing?

PXL_20220625_234327098.jpg

PXL_20220626_001343478.jpg

PXL_20220626_000653164.jpg

Last edited:
For those covers that are missing go onto this website and plug in your vin#. Add your cruiser to the garage and shop away. Get used to the website interface and spend away.

In the picture to the left of the steering wheel are blank covers.
In the picture to right of the steering wheel above the radio is where the radio antenna power up and power down switch was it could be filled with a blank like the ones to the left of the steering wheel.
The one below left were two blanks and the rear heater hi-low switch they all could be filled with blanks.

Like FMC80, I also recommend partsouq.com
Or look in the part out suction for the covers or switches if you want to replace then.
If you need pictures let me know 😉

Last edited:
In the picture to the left of the steering wheel are blank covers.
In the picture to right of the steering wheel above the radio is where the radio antenna power up and power down switch was it could be filled with a blank like the ones to the left of the steering wheel.
The one below left were two blanks and the rear heater hi-low switch they all could be filled with blanks.

Like FMC80, I also recommend partsouq.com
Or look in the part out suction for the covers or switches if you want to replace then.
If you need pictures let me know 😉
Absolutely awesome info. None of them are important then? The cosmetic stuff is still a LONG way away.....

Correct none of them are important.

Correct none of them are important.
Beautiful...thank you. I'll Ignore that until it runs like I want it to. Anyone know what's up with the shifter or the jumper (?) on the brake light fuse that locks me in park when I remove it?

Beautiful...thank you. I'll Ignore that until it runs like I want it to. Anyone know what's up with the shifter or the jumper (?) on the brake light fuse that locks me in park when I remove it?
Have you contacted the po? Those janky fixes would have me nervous. Isn’t there a way to tell if there are tranny codes being thrown or is that only OBD2? Spitballing here
No idea about your tcase

Have you contacted the po? Those janky fixes would have me nervous. Isn’t there a way to tell if there are tranny codes being thrown or is that only OBD2? Spitballing here
No idea about your tcase
The PO is a total space case, and his opinion would be worth less than nothing (He did sell me this for nothing) . I'll just have to trace the wire to see what was ***ed up and poorly fixed. Just wondering if it was some type of common bypass or something.

I have herd of the transfer case shifter being frozen, I would pull the plastic cover and lube all the linkage. I remember reading somewhere here on mud that it is a issue.

As far as the override that's what the jumper is doing I don't think it common. but it doing what putting you foot on the brake is supposed to do.
I think your on the right track tracing the wires, I would start with the switch on the brake pedal.

I have herd of the transfer case shifter being frozen, I would pull the plastic cover and lube all the linkage. I remember reading somewhere here on mud that it is a issue.

As far as the override that's what the jumper is doing I don't think it common. but it doing what putting you foot on the brake is supposed to do.
I think your on the right track tracing the wires, I would start with the switch on the brake pedal.
Agree with Broski. I’ve read about the transfer case lever getting stuck mechanically. Do a google search and type “80series” “ih8mud” and it should take you to the links directly.

Agree with Broski. I’ve read about the transfer case lever getting stuck mechanically. Do a google search and type “80series” “ih8mud” and it should take you to the links directly.
Thanks fellas. That's about the long and short of what I got too. Should I pull the interior out and start cleaning top to down, or just spray the hell out of it from underneath?

Thanks fellas. That's about the long and short of what I got too. Should I pull the interior out and start cleaning top to down, or just spray the hell out of it from underneath?

Try spraying it with WD-40 it your favourite flavour penetrating lube and see if it frees up.

I had to pull mine out, and disassemble the whole mechanism.
Mine was clean, no rust etc, just frozen with gummed up grease.
Degreased, regreased, reassembled, and good to go

Last edited:
Pretty easy Job to just pull the center console, then you we have better access to the shifting mechanism ;)

My transfer case shifter is stuck fast

I would climb under there and look/feel around. It's purely a mechanical linkage. If I remember correctly, it's just a rod that connects to the shift lever, then it goes back, over the top of the transfer case, where it connects to to an arm on the transfer case. There should be a bit of rotational slop. If there isn't, something's seized.

The previous owner tossed in the strange little jumper as seen in the attached picture.
That's going to be fun...

1994LandCruiser-AT77-ShiftLockSystem-1.png

1994LandCruiser-AT77-ShiftLockSystem-2.png

1994LandCruiser-AT77-ShiftLockSystem-3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom