1996, 1997 LX 450 instrument and climate control cluster bulb part numbers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone know if there is a list of the bulbs for the climate controls on the LX 450?
i found rhis but i am assuming only some of them apply to the LX 450 and i would need different part numbers for the 96/97 LX 450 particularly for the climate control.
anyone done these and have a list of them.
THANKS

Post 402 has some tables with bulb info. It doesn’t have oem part numbers but you can match bulb sizes with the thread you posted and see what works. Or you have all the info to go led.

thanks man.
cardona always has good info. i'm hoping someone has an LX specific list but in the meantime can you help me make sure i am thinking about this correctly?
so the link i posted has 94 LC bulbs listed? three issues with that list are there may be differences between 94 LC and 97 LC. but also there may be differences between 97 LC and 97 LX? like specifically i may need to order something specific for climate control or climate controls?
and then the link you posted is cardona figuring out nonOEM incandescent bulbs instead of buying OEM? i mean i want incandescent and it seems he talks about LED but he ends up preferring incandescent? which is what i want to use?
the other question is your comment was i could kind of take the info in the parts list and match it against how many i would order from the non OEM list in cardonas thread?
obviously a hella lot simpler if someone has already posted a list..(?)
THANKS

Post 5 has the hvac part number you need. You’ll need three bulbs.

Post 5 has the hvac part number you need. You’ll need three bulbs.

👍🏽thanks a ton for that.
i'll slowly try to get an LX list here for this i guess:
3 - bulbs for hvac switches 84999-70015

i'll slowly try to get an LX list here for this i guess:
There's no such thing as LX450 specific bulbs. You use the exact same bulbs as every other 80 Series Land Cruiser.

There's no such thing as LX450 specific bulbs. You use the exact same bulbs as every other 80 Series Land Cruiser.
hi jon. thanks a lot for that. can you help a little more?
1. on the climate control for the LX450 there may be three more bulbs required like ERG80 indicated?
2. i can't quite figure out Cardona's charts. he seems to have two charts? what's the difference between the two charts? which ones in the chart are HVAV controls exactly? and which ones are in the instrument cluster? do you know? i'd like to possibly get all of them at once or at least know which ones i am doing first (like HVAC at minimum).
3. desert dino has a list that must be all bulbs (except any possible LX450 specific ones)? and Cardona is showing the same list basically but for incandescent non-OEM numbs as shown at the top (he shows LED but aside from PWR/2nd, windows switch (not sure where this is) and "indicator lights for HVAV" (which i guess is what i am replacing) he doesn't recommend LED's?

i'm trying to put it together and it seems like we could have a third compiled list for these if we wanted. like one that shows OEM part numbers, and then Cardona recommended aftermarket incandescent and LED replacements.

or even a visual key showing what goes where...

THANKS

4E8C28D9-163F-4BBA-9961-E6FD3D5F86E5.jpeg

187C2F0E-8548-4741-AA28-1384A2A3CF43.jpeg

0C408177-4DF8-4D81-BF02-466FD589364F.jpeg

5FD28600-FC7A-4086-96D8-B814F40B05BD.jpeg

Last edited:
he seems to have two charts? what's the difference between the two charts?

Each chart covers different items. The second chart only contains indicator/warning lights in the gauge cluster. The first chart has things like the shifter backlight and dome lights.

which ones in the chart are HVAV controls exactly?

Probably the line that says HVAC.

You should really invest in a rubber duck:

There are only three easily replaceable bulbs in the hvac controls. The part numbers are listed in post 5 of the thread I linked above.

There are other 3mm bulbs in the chart for hvac but those are soldered in place in each button and I wouldn’t recommend messing with them.

View attachment 3043619
thanks man.
so if i wanted to do all the HVAC controls i buy three OEM "bulbs for hvac switches" 84999-70015? then i buy a bunch of the 3mm incandescent listed in the chart and get out my soldering iron? > do you know what the yellow box is in the chart?
also from the thread below it looks like you can buy the buttons themselves?
> do you know where the three OEM ones with the part number go?
> do you know if the switches in this thread actually come with the bulbs that need to be soldered or not?

CC9603F7-AA3F-487B-801A-9933F6587CE4.jpeg

D03890E7-25FA-4AEA-9149-5A655EF4AD18.jpeg

then i buy a bunch of the 3mm incandescent listed in the chart and get out my soldering iron?
I believe that the HVAC buttons are lit by individual LEDs.

If your button lights look dim, replace the button faces. The clear window that the light shines through turns yellow/brownish over time. I replaced all my HVAC buttons faces and they're substantially brighter now.

thanks man.
so if i wanted to do all the HVAC controls i buy three OEM "bulbs for hvac switches" 84999-70015? then i buy a bunch of the 3mm incandescent listed in the chart and get out my soldering iron? > do you know what the yellow box is in the chart?
also from the thread below it looks like you can buy the buttons themselves?
> do you know where the three OEM ones with the part number go?
> do you know if the switches in this thread actually come with the bulbs that need to be soldered or not?

View attachment 3043798

View attachment 3043799
Correct. 3 oem bulbs. When you pull the hvac controls you will see where they go in the back. Pretty sure there’s black tape over the openings where you access the bulbs.

The box color in the chart indicate the factory bulb color. Twelve 3mm green leds and two 3mm yellow leds for the on indicators behind the the hvac buttons. They are factory leds like gummycarbs said. And he is correct on just replacing the buttons instead of soldering in new bulbs. THe buttons do not have bulbs. They’re just button faces.

Spend some time looking through this thread. Page one post #8 may help you quite a bit. It shows the bulb locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom