New Head Unit Audio Issue - '96 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Throwing this out in case anyone has experienced or has thoughts on solving. My '96 FZJ80 is pulled apart while I'm installing a new head unit (Boss BE7ACP - CFT) and front/rear cameras. The head unit supports Android Auto and Carplay. Audio from the radio tuner, streaming via Bluetooth, and streaming thru USB via Android Auto all sound great out of the factory speakers. It's when I use the head unit to play text messages with Android Auto that there's no/little sound. I can hear the audio but it's very faint and sounds like it's coming from a tiny person behind the glove box area (which is currently out). Both the connectors are pulled to bypass the factory amp. Spoken replies through the microphone works fine. I haven't had the chance to test with an Iphone/Carplay yet to see if it's isolated to Android Auto. Just realized I also haven't tested phone call audio either so will do that later today to see if the callers voice comes out the speakers or from the tiny person who lives behind my glove box.

Assuming the aftermarket harness is wired up correctly to the factory one (but I plan on double-checking everything this evening) any thoughts as to what might be happening? Thanks in advance for any help!

If the audio from the radio is working properly then your head unit is the problem without question.

Not in a land cruiser but I had a similar issue with voice playback of text messages in my Telluride. It was also on ios. It had to do with the volume setting which could only be adjusted while the message was playing back. Try upping the volume on the head unit and/or your phone while the message is being read.

Not in a land cruiser but I had a similar issue with voice playback of text messages in my Telluride. It was also on ios. It had to do with the volume setting which could only be adjusted while the message was playing back. Try upping the volume on the head unit and/or your phone while the message is being read.
the above

go through your settings on the head unit & look for an input volume or similar. Had a similar thing with mine (Sony) but was on the USB input, once adjusted was fine

the above

go through your settings on the head unit & look for an input volume or similar. Had a similar thing with mine (Sony) but was on the USB input, once adjusted was fine
This fixed a similar problem for me (IOS) had to change volume while the message was being read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom