The canal boat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They went to Moab.

Their site says powder coating issues.

My issue is less the delay and more the fact they won't own it and explain.
They used to be good about comms via email. I see them posting on social media. This is becoming unsat, unless there's an alibis

They used to be good about comms via email. I see them posting on social media. This is becoming unsat, unless there's an alibis
Early on I was emailing once a week to see how the progress was and make sure we were sticking to timelines. Dave agreed to me emailing. And each week they said they were on schedule.

April 6, so over 2 months ago I got this

Hi Dusten,

Glad to hear from you!

Still on the 6-12 timeline. The material for your bumper is on the shop floor now, waiting in line to be welded together.

Thanks,
Dave Schenker

May 5th I email and asked for an update. No reply.

May 13th I email again and got this reply

Hi Dusten,

Thanks for bringing this up to the top. It’s actually your lucky day (at the expense of someone else’s luck). The customer who has a similar configuration to you rolled their rig earlier this week and needs to find another vehicle before they take delivery of their bumper. They have a different winch so we’ll need to unpack everything and repack, might be ready by end of next week, might be the week after that. But you can rest assured it’ll be soon!

Thanks,
Dave Schenker

Which was quickly followed up with nevermind it's for a 95.

May 24th I mentioned their website was calling for delays due to powder coating issues. I asked for a realistic timeframe and got no reply.

June 6th I emailed again, expressing my concern and basically saying once this deal was complete I'd be sourcing future parts elsewhere.

He replied with

Hi Dusten,

I do apologize for the delays you’ve experienced with this order, you are not alone in your frustration. I have been doing my best to get back to everybody in a timely manner but it just hasn’t happened, as you’re well aware. Sorry to lose you as a future customer.

Thanks,
Dave Schenker

I replied to this email asking for a timeline.

No reply

I email today again. Asking if June 30th seemed reasonable as I wanted the winch for my upcoming trip

No reply.

Early on I was emailing once a week to see how the progress was and make sure we were sticking to timelines. Dave agreed to me emailing. And each week they said they were on schedule.

April 6, so over 2 months ago I got this

May 5th I email and asked for an update. No reply.

May 13th I email again and got this reply

Which was quickly followed up with nevermind it's for a 95.

May 24th I mentioned their website was calling for delays due to powder coating issues. I asked for a realistic timeframe and got no reply.

June 6th I emailed again, expressing my concern and basically saying once this deal was complete I'd be sourcing future parts elsewhere.

He replied with

I replied to this email asking for a timeline.

No reply

I email today again. Asking if June 30th seemed reasonable as I wanted the winch for my upcoming trip

No reply.
I'd be frustrated too, maybe some bad s*** happened. Let's see what comes of it.
Any news on your tranny? I'm not talking about your romantic life.

I'd be frustrated too, maybe some bad s*** happened. Let's see what comes of it.
Any news on your tranny? I'm not talking about your romantic life.

Not since Thursday. But I know the parts are at the machine shop so its out of their control

Seems to be the new world order, WTF everything is twice as much and back ordered.
Worst part is no Communication seems to be the norm.

Seems to be the new world order, WTF everything is twice as much and back ordered.
Worst part is no Communication seems to be the norm.

Ya this wasn't a simple $500 transaction. They have about $4000 of my dollars and I still need to pay for shipping

Sent the trans shop a message to let them know if it was not done by the 30th that I wouldn't be able to pick it up until the 11th due to a vacation. But I could make arrangements for someone to pick it up. I stressed I wasn't rushing. Just wanted them to know early

He said the converter and pump were back today and he'd know more tomorrow.

Screenshot_20220616-171022_Maps.jpg

Wish I didn't have plans this weekend. I'd hop on over to the nw overland expo and talk to dvs about my bumper.

Still hadn't heard from dvs. So I emailed again today.
Mentioned he was out of town and would email me an update today once he was in the shop.

No update.

I basically told them I'm going out of town and if the bumper isn't at my house by the 27th he's going to have to sit on it till the 12th.

It's now officially 4 weeks late and by the 12th we'd be sitting at 2 months late.

Still hadn't heard from dvs. So I emailed again today.
Mentioned he was out of town and would email me an update today once he was in the shop.

No update.

I basically told them I'm going out of town and if the bumper isn't at my house by the 27th he's going to have to sit on it till the 12th.

It's now officially 4 weeks late and by the 12th we'd be sitting at 2 months late.
He emailed me back a few days ago. Told me he is down an employee and is wading through 500+ emails.

The joys of running a small business. I like to think I miss it, then I remember how much it sucks when you lose 1x key employee and can't get anything done.

If he'd had said that, it would be one thing.

But he basically admitted blowing off a customer who's paid in full to advertise at a trade show.

If he'd had said that, it would be one thing.

But he basically admitted blowing off a customer who's paid in full to advertise at a trade show.
Well if you are that worried about it cancel the order with your CC company and order something else.

Oh yeah everything else is equally backordered or not nearly as good… you are buying a niche product for a niche truck, in the midst of a post pandemic.

If you think there is some wrong doing show it by cancelling your order. But it seems you can’t see it’s just a very small company, trying to stay afloat, provide high quality parts for these old trucks and going to a show isn’t all just fun and games it’s part of running one of these small businesses. 🙄

Last edited:
Well if you are that worried about it cancel the order with your CC company and order something else.

Oh yeah everything else is equally backordered or not near as good… you are buying a niche product for a niche truck, in the midst of a post pandemic.

If you think there is some wrong doing show it by cancelling your order. But it seems you can’t see it’s just a very small company, trying to stay afloat, provide high quality parts for these old trucks and going to a show isn’t all just fun and games it’s part of running one of these small businesses. 🙄

Read the posts.

My issue isn't the time frame. It's the fact Dave has either 1) lied to me 2) stopped answering emails when questioned about the lies 3) used any excuse he can to delay.

When s***s late, that's ****ing fine. Just be honest. A week ****ing 10 he told me we were on track. That was six weeks ago and I can't even get a ****ing answer on if my bumpers built, in powder coat, non existent or on the ****ing moon

So take your high quality, niche product excuse and stick it up your keister.

I've been driving vehicles with low volume high quality vendors almost my entire adult life.

You think a 730hp limited edition truck is built with high volume parts? Get real.

Giving two people who talk, 2 different excuses as to why you can't answer a ****ing email is retarded.
Like yesterday. "I'll get you an update as soon as I get to the shop"
Cool...
Think he gave me that update?

I am surprised it took one of the leg humpers this long to jump in here though.

And I ordered the dvs bumper specifically because Dave told me 37 ****ing times 6-12 weeks. 6-12 weeks.

I understand your frustration and concerns, this is tech though so try and keep it light on delivery issues. If this turns into a bad seller debate I will be forced to delete the posts. There is a section for Bad sellers, but I wouldn't post there yet as that could make it harder to get what you want. Your call on posting to that section

BUT lets tone down the bad seller discussion here and keep it to delivery status

Your friendly 80's series moderator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom