Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Link to parts for sale:

Last edited:
Taillight mod fully underway, drip rail underway, firewall disassembly almost complete, dash about 50% complete. Still sticking with the emerald green frost after seeing it on a local ctsv last week.
Last pic of my girls, relaxing day on the river👍

5CB69605-96F1-40B4-A8F6-F2ABE8AA2234.jpeg

2BD737C0-C690-49A6-8229-227A685D8975.jpeg

6AFE70C7-A957-48CC-A94B-2D5EFC1F79FD.jpeg

Slowly but surely, the pieces are starting to come together

ADBFD0A3-80B5-4706-94BF-28170756AFD1.jpeg

So you're doing the tail light mod after all?
Man, couldn’t help myself and trying desperately to bring this personal rendition to life while I have it in me:)

Progress on the other side:

E203E9D3-31FE-4B8E-A081-B101072E15E1.jpeg

So you're doing the tail light mod after all?
And I’m still working myself into a frenzy over the engine…LSA vs 1FZ stroker vs HiPo 2F. I’m going to meditate & partake in a little medicinal herbage for clarity:)

May I have your attention, please. We are now entering the rabbit hole. Seats in the upright position, fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the ride. . .

I'm so f'n excited I can barely contain myself. . .Stay tuned for the final leg of Deviant's transformation.

#fcukyeah #hooMF'nrah

On the FJ60 front. . .taillight mod and running light mod nearing completion; headliner removed, juke removed, prepping for Lizard Skin heat & sound spraying; ordered a set of fender flares from Siege Overland.

On the home front, finalized plans with the architects and submitted for contractor bidding.

Life's about to get hectic. . .

FJ60_BodymodsIMG_1590.jpg
FJ60_BodymodsIMG_1591.jpg
Over_Fenders.jpg
House_Build.jpg

Wheels I'm looking at:

Braid Forged.jpg

VadDesignWheels.jpg

Last edited:
House design looks great! Gunna put in a cargo elevator? If not now, you may want it later - so maybe have design so an elevator could be added in the future if you want one later.

House design looks great! Gunna put in a cargo elevator? If not now, you may want it later - so maybe have design so an elevator could be added in the future if you want one later.
We were literally looking at lifts when yr msg notification hit:)

This is from a UK company (VAD-Design, Aero Styling, Carbon Fibre, Forged Wheels, England - https://www.vaddesign.com) and the owner (James) has been quick to respond and really just a pleasure to work with. The wheels are 3-piece forged but made to look like 1-piece steelies, and can be built to whatever specs needed.

Just sent a spec specific reply to him this afternoon (24 June) and awaiting his reply. Once I get the details (price per wheel, price per set, center cap design, shipping), I'll post the info up. I haven't asked yet but if other MUD members are interested, I'll inquire about a group buy.

VadDesignWheels.jpg

Last edited:
@sschruff , that's only 5 lug :hillbilly: :flipoff2:
i'm too lazy to search, what is the tail light mod? obviously the perimeter from something else. is it just for aesthetics or do the donor lights work better?

@sschruff , that's only 5 lug :hillbilly: :flipoff2:
i'm too lazy to search, what is the tail light mod? obviously the perimeter from something else. is it just for aesthetics or do the donor lights work better?
That's a well worded and great question!

Short answer - both.

Aesthetically - I like the look of the 75 Bronco lights. Fat Fender Garage and ICON4x4 both make taillight guards that (to me) enhance this look even more.

Functionally - 60 series parts becoming NLA, Bronco parts have multiple vendors that produce them from OEM molds. If I keep my 60 until I die, I wanted to have readily available/easy to source parts if/when needed.

Same for the side marker lights - plus the 1450 lumens at each corner seemed functional/beneficial.

Shane

That's a well worded and great question!

Short answer - both.

Aesthetically - I like the look of the 75 Bronco lights. Fat Fender Garage and ICON4x4 both make taillight guards that (to me) enhance this look even more.

Functionally - 60 series parts becoming NLA, Bronco parts have multiple vendors that produce them from OEM molds. If I keep my 60 until I die, I wanted to have readily available/easy to source parts if/when needed.

Same for the side marker lights - plus the 1450 lumens at each corner seemed functional/beneficial.

Shane
fo, f, ford parts?! no, that's cool man. thanks for the reply

Selling the following parts from my FJ60 (see post in classifieds, pending pricing determination):

1. Front & rear Trail-Tailor bumpers
2. 38 gallon longrange tank

The bad:
Unless you (a) live close to me (Covington, La) or (b) close to Redding CA, shipping will likely be cost prohibitive.

The good:
If you live close to me I'll deliver within a reasonable radius, say +/- 100 miles.
Bumpers are in damn near perfect condition.
Tank is in damn near perfect condition and includes a new OEM (installed) sending unit & associated hardware.

Selling the following non-vehicle related items:

LWRC 5.56 SBR with LWRC's unobtainium soft guitar case, original box/paperwork, factory FCG, FRT-15, MP hardware, MP mags (x5), 2pt sling - $3000
NIB RareBreed FRT-15 - $300 shipped

Shane

Last edited:
What are you wanting for the rear bumper and gas tank? I'm in west Texas but have some friends in the Lafayette area that work out here on rotation, so they could possibly bring it up here for me next hitch.

Selling the following parts from my FJ60 (see post in classifieds, pending pricing determination):

1. Front & rear Trail-Tailor bumpers
2. 38 gallon longrange tank

The bad:
Unless you (a) live close to me (Covington, La) or (b) close to Redding CA, shipping will likely be cost prohibitive.

The good:
If you live close to me I'll deliver within a reasonable radius, say +/- 100 miles.
Bumpers are in damn near perfect condition.
Tank is in damn near perfect condition and includes a new OEM (installed) sending unit & associated hardware.

Selling the following non-vehicle related items:

LWRC 5.56 SBR with LWRC's unobtainium soft guitar case, original box/paperwork, factory FCG, FRT-15, MP hardware, MP mags (x5), 2pt sling - $3000
NIB RareBreed FRT-15 - $300 shipped

Shane
Shane,
Good morning. I'm in Birmingham and may be interested in the tank. Can you share the price please?

What are you wanting for the rear bumper and gas tank? I'm in west Texas but have some friends in the Lafayette area that work out here on rotation, so they could possibly bring it up here for me next hitch.

Shane,
Good morning. I'm in Birmingham and may be interested in the tank. Can you share the price please?

@Fitzwho @ToyosandHam:

Rear, $2200
Tank, $1000

@Fitzwho gets first dibs based on his date/time of reply, @ToyosandHam 2nd, then posting to classifieds/local.

Thanks-

Shane

Well, in typical Fitzwho luck, every time I find a deal like this something happens to mess it up. Had an emergency with my 18 month old American Water Spaniel and blew more money than I care to recall keeping him alive.

I’ll have to pass on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom