3b Turbo Flange Gasket Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Running a Gt2052 with an adapter plate to a 13bt Manifold .Having a hard time locating the right gaskets, previous owner used that high temp paper gasket material but it doesn't seem to hold up well. Should I just make some out of copper ? get everything machined flat and use no gaskets ? or if someone has any insight where to buy them that would be appreciated. Thanks

You mean between the turbo and adapter/manifold?

One should be a ct26 gasket which shouldn't be that hard to find? Toyota put those on everything.
I'm not familiar with the other turbo.

I made my own back in the day from a sheet of exhaust gasket material I got at lordco.

Metal on one side papery stuff on the other. Probably pure asbestos now I think about it. :confused:

This is the stuff I've used for ages for exhaust stuff.

Was maybe 15 bucks for a decent sized sheet at lordco....20 years ago so probably 1k now. :rolleyes:

PXL_20220622_164628056.MP.jpg

And this is a real ct26 one. (I think) You can see the little ridge like he mentioned.

PXL_20220622_164651049.jpg

Last edited:
This is the stuff I've used for ages for exhaust stuff.

Was maybe 15 bucks for a decent sized sheet at lordco....20 years ago so probably 1k now. :rolleyes:

View attachment 3040495

And this is a real ct26 one. (I think) You can see the little ridge like Rosie mentioned.

View attachment 3040496
Yeah trying to get it fixed for next week, can’t seem to source a ct26 gasket in that timespan. Probably just going to make my own, I will check lordco for that stuff you got, does it have a steel core or just paper? Thanks!

Yeah trying to get it fixed for next week, can’t seem to source a ct26 gasket in that timespan. Probably just going to make my own, I will check lordco for that stuff you got, does it have a steel core or just paper? Thanks!
Yeah it's steel on one side papery the other. Looks like a part number on the tag if you zoom in?

If you were nearby I could cut you off a chunk,but you're probably in Vic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom