Incomplete Supercharger help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Purchased an incomplete Magnuson Supercharger kit. For those who have installed or experience with them, can you help me identify parts needed to complete it? Intake elbow, hoses and bolts seems easy to replace.

1.) intake runner is missing. Waiting for previous owner to reply if he has it somewhere. Is there an alternative I can use?

2.) is there a way to identify the supercharger? Does not have magnuson stamp anywhere but it came with an instruction packet

3.) Seems like from research Magnuson was able to make their superchargers CARB legal? If so, I do not see any stickers either. At wits end is selling a sticker but it seems like for TRD Supercharger only?

4.) inside the supercharger, the coating on the spinning blades seem to be coming off?

I’ve got an intake runner I’ll sell you if you can’t scrounge one up.

If the coating on the impellers is coming off it might be good to disassemble the compressor and inspect for damage. You can diy or send to Jon bond.
Don’t see any physical damage and i’ve read other eaton m90s with similar issue. Stripping might be the only way as for the actual coating would cost as much as the compressor itself
Your factory fan won’t work with the water pump spacer that it has.

And I don’t see the water bypass pipe either
Ah yes, i found that too. Your orange sc fan clutch is oos 🤣. The water bypass available anywhere?

Don’t see any physical damage and i’ve read other eaton m90s with similar issue. Stripping might be the only way as for the actual coating would cost as much as the compressor itself

Ah yes, i found that too. Your orange sc fan clutch is oos 🤣. The water bypass available anywhere?
Still would be good to remove the impellers and check for any housing contact as well as inspect the bearings.

Still would be good to remove the impellers and check for any housing contact as well as inspect the bearings.
Will do thank you! Are these m90 or mp90s? There are some cheap m90 from buicks on local ads, im wondering if the impellers are the same

Remove the TRD sticker on top of the blower. I put the same one on mine and someone told me to remove it because it'll melt.

If you go with the orange fan clutch, you'll need the 16361-66020 fan to clear the idler pulleys. I had a similar situation going from a blue clutch with a spacer to the orange / no spacer

Is it possible to modify the stock heater pipe? Cut it and use more flexible heater hose instead?

I’m trying to look for any photos online for the missing parts. Which one is the water bypass?

Do you know approximately how many miles are on the SC?
Unfortunately the previous owner does not remember. He claims it has been sitting in his garage for years
If you go with the orange fan clutch, you'll need the 16361-66020 fan to clear the idler pulleys. I had a similar situation going from a blue clutch with a spacer to the orange / no spacer
Is there a way to make the stock/blue fan clutch work?
I haven't messed with superchargers for a while. Jon Bond would know.
Thank you my friend.

Is there a way to make the stock/blue fan clutch work?

Thank you my friend.

According to this thread. The consensus was that my car had a blue fan clutch, the spacer and a 3fe fan on it. I since switched to the 1fz fan and orange clutch and got it to fit.

i have duplicated a few of the supercharger items.
- throttle body adapter
- tensioner bracket and spacer
- fan spacer
- crank pulley and spacer
- intake runner
- currently working on the coolant and vacuum pipes.

Throttle body adapter. Solid aluminum with smoothed out surfaces and maxed out openings.
CD7123C8-5296-4788-91B4-C607B080E931.jpeg

E5C9AA88-AA3D-4034-B9B6-9DA03265488A.jpeg

Tensioner bracket with spacer as one body. Aluminum.
4A3F14ED-AE1A-47EC-BAC3-F55A69C091B8.jpeg

Coolant pipe flange. 3d printed stainless steel.
FC188898-B3A7-4EA9-B546-BBA25BB99776.jpeg

Coolant and vacuum pipes after bending next to originals. Welding on tabs and above flange is next. All stainless.
DAA2C839-287B-4611-B372-F7C8F73A3129.jpeg

i have duplicated a few of the supercharger items.
- throttle body adapter
- tensioner bracket and spacer
- fan spacer
- crank pulley and spacer
- intake runner
- currently working on the coolant and vacuum pipes.

Throttle body adapter. Solid aluminum with smoothed out surfaces and maxed out openings.
View attachment 3069915

View attachment 3069916

Tensioner bracket with spacer as one body. Aluminum.
View attachment 3069917

Coolant pipe flange. 3d printed stainless steel.
View attachment 3069929

Coolant and vacuum pipes after bending next to originals. Welding on tabs and above flange is next. All stainless.
View attachment 3069922

That is amazing work. Coolant pipe and 5mm or 0.200” fan spacers are the only ones missing now

That is amazing work. Coolant pipe and 5mm or 0.200” fan spacers are the only ones missing now
I don’t have any extra coolant pipes at the moment. A new could be made but a single item to produce is pricy. I may have an alternate solution for you that I will message you.
I’ll have to check my measurements, but is the fan spacer normally 5mm thick? I may have an extra standard size one to share along with another option. Message inbound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom