Looking for 13bt compression test adapter! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LuckyDevil

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hello all, I'm looking to borrow or even buy the 'special tool' @RufusTheDufus made to do compression tests on the 13BT's. Or any other how to info so I can achieve this.
Thanks a ton!

Thank you sir for making them in the first place. Hopefully someone will get a hold of me who has one. I've read your post and so many other wonderful threads here. I really appreciate the community!!

Sunday/father's day bump! I had my injectors tested. One was clogged. Cleaned and working now. Waiting for some new seals. Still would love to test the compression. Hope all the father's have a great day to! We are expecting in September!!!

Sunday/father's day bump! I had my injectors tested. One was clogged. Cleaned and working now. Waiting for some new seals. Still would love to test the compression. Hope all the father's have a great day to! We are expecting in September!!!
Congrats on expecting! First?

Yeah should run better by far. One clogged injector would make it run pretty bad. 13bt are tough, I’ll be you will be fine.

Congrats on expecting! First?

Yeah should run better by far. One clogged injector would make it run pretty bad. 13bt are tough, I’ll be you will be fine.
Thank you! Yeah it's our first. Pretty exciting!!!

Thank you! Yeah it's our first. Pretty exciting!!!

Very cool!

I've got 3, oldest daughter just turned 21, middle daughter just graduated last month and my son is 13. Now I feel old.

Start teaching them young, then you get free labor on the cruisers. :rofl:

Here's my 18 yr old daughter welding, modifying a tool for me. Safety 3rd.

tempImageKkwiyt.png

Do you happen to have the CAD file so they could be re-made ?
I have a Solidworks file for it somewhere but the file I have is outdated. The fab shop that was making them for me had a more recent file. There were some changes made to it for easier production. If someone wants to start remaking these or get a group buy together you can get in touch with Justin Jordan at JR Fabrication in New Portland, Maine, USA. (If you do contact them, my name is Mark Smith, not RufusTheDufus.) Justin could likely run a batch of 10 or 12 depending on what bar stock he has on hand. He would produce the machined portion of the adapter. I would tap the threads in both ends manually and also affix the .100" thick brass washer to the tip with JB weld or another suitable epoxy. I still have some of the brass washers and 400 psi Schrader valves I could donate to the cause.

Last edited:
I'd like to have it too. Or at least a schematic. Just to see what it might cost.
I essentially copied the dimensions of a 13BT injector with a hole drilled through the center of it. There was a bit of a challenge selecting the drill size for the hole. That was determined by the fab shop. I wanted the internal volume to be as small as possible to limit the impact on the compression readings. It's a fairly long/deep hole to drill so it couldn't be too small or the bit would snap. I don't recall the size. The old website still exists on archive.org. this info and this info might help. I used the stock rubber gasket from the injector with my adapter. I didn't supply this gasket, you would have to use the one from the injector you would remove to do the compression test.

If there is interest I can hit him up or if you want to send me the SW file we can probably get them off a local guy and twek as required. I don't imagine they are a profitable item but not everything is about making money and we need to keep the old trucks alive :0

I got one to borrow coming. But I'd be in for of my own. I really like my 13bt. I can get any measurements of the one I'm borrowing as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom