June 11th Wheeling - The Cove (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks again to everyone who helped get me off the trail! Special shoutout to @TTViper and @TRDdrew for their expert redneck engineering and winching skills. Also thanks to Erich and @kevin in okinawa for their help in getting me back. I owe you all a BBQ feast at Fall Crawl. Also hopefully whatever went wrong on your truck was minor Kevin. Murphy's law at work I suppose.

Overall still a 10/10 weekend thanks to everyone in the club and all it cost me was some dignity, tie rods, and a mirror :doh:. That's what I get for trying to keep up with Paul haha. The steering wheel was only about 3° off and truck still tracked straight on the way home so I call that a win!

Link to an album below of the photos that I got this weekend. Feel free to add any pictures you took to it.

View attachment 3031907These are in my future now.
Looks like those will be in mine as well. I'm just glad that I had spares and almost all of the tools I needed to get it repaired. I knew this would happen one day...

@captainva who you calling a redneck .......... o wait that's me, fair enough lol :rofl: Anytime man glad we got it fixed

Last edited:
“Everything was going great...until it wasn't.” :):D:grinpimp::steer::hmm::oops::rolleyes:o_O
Seriously, I was having a blast wheeling around the Cove with the 100-crew; we even linked up with Ed and remedied his busted tie rod situation. As I was executing a 5-point turn to head back down that trail,Sargy we discovered that at some point my front axle had experienced total failure and I no longer had 4x4, only 2-low. It appears that the front pinion may have sheared?!? I won't know for certain until I pull the third member, but the hivemind seems to think that's the likely scenario. I recalled hearing a loud "PINGGGG" at some point on the trail, but looked around like someone ELSE had broken something, didn't feel/sound like it was mine. Well, you know that f***ing sucks, and it'll be a bit before I have a weekend to pull the third member; I've done it before but this was not on the list of projects to accomplish.

It was great to be in the woods on trails and I had a fun time tooling around with the 100s. I was able to snap a few photos of @chudly and @Sargy wheeling in front of me. I'm impressed at how good the unlocked trucks did. Big trucks for life! The Sargy video has the 12h-t high/low idle soundtrack! :)

IMG_6314.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg

IMG_6322.jpg

IMG_6324.jpg

IMG_6327.jpg

IMG_6329.jpg

IMG_6332.jpg

IMG_6337.jpg

Last edited:
my photo skills where seriously lacking this trip but, i was a fun weekend and great camping weather

cove 1.jpg

cove 4.jpg

cove.jpg

To be fair I only really stopped for lunch 🤣. We’ve crossed off all the easy trails, now we can do some harder stuff with some photo opportunities!

This video was the muddy trail on the back side of Camp 6 on Friday.

Nice winching job on Friday Paul.

Thanks for letting Cameron and I ride in your nice truck Saturday. You did a great job leading the group!

“Everything was going great...until it wasn't.” :):D:grinpimp::steer::hmm::oops::rolleyes:o_O
Seriously, I was having a blast wheeling around the Cove with the 100-crew; we even linked up with Ed and remedied his busted tie rod situation. As I was executing a 5-point turn to head back down that trail,Sargy we discovered that at some point my front axle had experienced total failure and I no longer had 4x4, only 2-low. It appears that the front pinion may have sheared?!? I won't know for certain until I pull the third member, but the hivemind seems to think that's the likely scenario. I recalled hearing a loud "PINGGGG" at some point on the trail, but looked around like someone ELSE had broken something, didn't feel/sound like it was mine. Well, you know that f***ing sucks, and it'll be a bit before I have a weekend to pull the third member; I've done it before but this was not on the list of projects to accomplish.

It was great to be in the woods on trails and I had a fun time tooling around with the 100s. I was able to snap a few photos of @chudly and @Sargy wheeling in front of me. I'm impressed at how good the unlocked trucks did. Big trucks for life! The Sargy video has the 12h-t high/low idle soundtrack! :)
Thanks for the video!

Anyone take home that white folding table? That was mine but forgot it when I left

Ahmad has your table.

Anyone take home that white folding table? That was mine but forgot it when I left
Took you too long to remember. It's mine now :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom