Oil on Manual Boost Controller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I'm currently running the stock setup where it routes back into the air intake. Can I just pull out that hose and put one of those cheesy cone filters in it's place?

Just get a longer hose and route it down towards the ground and zip tie in place. I get the very occasional drip of oil from it.

Option 2 is a catch can, but it's probably more effort then it's worth.

A little late to the party here, but with a stock turbo, no IC and Hallman Boost Controller I had noticed oil buildup in the same location as your photos. Dumped the stock blowby down where folks are mentioning and it was much better. I've now got the Grunter and Safari FMIC installed and running 20psi. I do have a Provent 200 on the shelf that I will install at some point, but for now the external blowby tube is working and its quick and easy to do.

Wonder if the boost controller tubing split due to oil degradation. You might want to consider replacing both as part of the process.

catch can for sure .. and yes the stock air box / filter are restrictive .. if you run a vacuum meter after it ( before turbo ) you'll know how bad it is ..

Here's what I did yesterday. Ran the breather back and zip tied to the outside of the frame.

Replaced split line with fuel line rated to 150psi:

Hey all, glad I came across this post as my manual boost controller is blowing out oil at 18psi (brand new turbo). Hopefully one of you guys are still around to answer the question... So what do you do with the intake hole thats now unused if running a tube straight from the rocker cover to atmosphere? I could just bend the hose coming off it and tape it up but would prefer something a bit more clean, tidy and water/dust proof.

Cheers, Sam

Hey all, glad I came across this post as my manual boost controller is blowing out oil at 18psi (brand new turbo). Hopefully one of you guys are still around to answer the question... So what do you do with the intake hole thats now unused if running a tube straight from the rocker cover to atmosphere? I could just bend the hose coming off it and tape it up but would prefer something a bit more clean, tidy and water/dust proof.

Cheers, Sam

The sell "Vacuum port caps", they are rubber caps that slip over the end of the unused tube and seal it off. The airbox is under vacuum during operation, so it can't blow off.

Well I did the rubber hose from valve cover to atmosphere and theres a bit of smoke coming out of the tube when the engine is warm. Smoke just smells like engine. Not like burnt oil or coolant. Dare I ask what this means? Is this normal? Maybe i'm best to install a catch can to reduce the smog a bit?

Well I did the rubber hose from valve cover to atmosphere and theres a bit of smoke coming out of the tube when the engine is warm. Smoke just smells like engine. Not like burnt oil or coolant. Dare I ask what this means? Is this normal? Maybe i'm best to install a catch can to reduce the smog a bit?
Could be a fine oil mist that would normally be caught in a catch can... or fed back into your intake. How much are you seeing? (I can't really see anything come from mine when the engine is warm) If you hold your hand in front of it, what does your hand look/feel like? (Just to be sure it'd oil, not water or anything else)

Could be a fine oil mist that would normally be caught in a catch can... or fed back into your intake. How much are you seeing? (I can't really see anything come from mine when the engine is warm) If you hold your hand in front of it, what does your hand look/feel like? (Just to be sure it'd oil, not water or anything else)
I've vented that crank case down to the outside if the chassis behind the front driver's side wheel (pointing down) I can see the smoke coming out from under the car when sitting there idling, engine warm in cool Adelaide Hills weather (10°c). It doesn't look good. It's not very oily to be honest. I haven't had any oil leakage around the boost controller since posting about it either which is interesting. Though I haven't done any towing up the long steep hill either. I wonder if the oil thing is only an issue when the engine is under strain from towing? Or the combo of extra boost and towing up hill? 🤔 I'll have to keep trial and erroring and see. Think I'll go for a catch can though as seeing that smoke isn't good for my nerves 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom