2023 Toyota Sequoia - 3rd Generation REVEALED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm proud to be an American. That being said the American work ethic (more accurately the lack there of) makes it impossible to match the Japanese drive to be perfect.

It is what it is.
I believe it is less about work ethic, and more about the differences in manufacturing processes.
This is why the big 3 had to implement aspects of TBS to stay competitive.

But yeah... I am at work and on this forum...

That $78-79K is base for the Capstone trim. I am willing to bet a loaded out Capstone will be $85-ish and yes, that's Cruiser money. But hey, in this market it's the new flagship SUV so I am not surprised. While I find these prices ridiculous I guess they aren't far off from the rest of its competition, but IMHO they are all over priced.

The Sequoia looks great, I am looking forward to test driving one. I could never afford to pay new money for one. I'm just trying to sort out how long I'm going to keep my 80 Series before I move onto my next Toyota vehicle, and which one that will be. Right now I'm thinking it will be a 2015 Cruiser, but I'm open to an LX or a GX. I think I'll keep my 80 Series another 5 years. It's a great vehicle and I truly love it.

"Base lc300 is $46k. But that's with a 1GR. The base LC goes a lot lower spec than the Sequoia probably will. GR sport LC300 is $70,433. Base Sequoia I'm guessing will be $55-60. And I'm guessing capstone is $95k - a bit above the base LX600. I'd bet the TRD pro will be more than $70k for the comparable gr sport."

That was my guess a few months ago. I was sorta close except the capstone being way off. It's $10k more for a TRD pro Sequoia than a gr sport lc300! But the capstone doesn't quite overlap the lx600. At least it doesn't look like it unless there's some high cost options. I think it is the most expensive SUV under the Toyota nameplate now sitting above the Land Cruiser.

Maybe this review has been posted already. It says the TRD PRO version gets the 32 vs 22.5 gas tank

Maybe this review has been posted already. It says the TRD PRO version gets the 32 vs 22.5 gas tank

This is fantastic but given the limited availability and likely huge ADMs for the TRD pro it’s unfortunate it won’t be on other trim levels. A capstone with such a small tank??

This is a huge fail.
Yeah. It's pretty small. The lc300 has only 80 liters, but an option for 110. It'll have 400 miles of useable range. Not terrible. But towing will be more like 200 miles of functional range. So that'll kinda suck. Like towing with my 4runner only a lot more powerful and comfortable and expensive. Better think about having some gas cans along.. That's what I had to do for towing to remote places.

Yeah. It's pretty small. The lc300 has only 80 liters, but an option for 110. It'll have 400 miles of useable range. Not terrible. But towing will be more like 200 miles of functional range. So that'll kinda suck. Like towing with my 4runner only a lot more powerful and comfortable and expensive. Better think about having some gas cans along.. That's what I had to do for towing to remote places.
Yeah, as much as I would love a giant tank, none of my Toyotas have had the option. However, I did experience an emotional roller coaster reading this thread since I have a deposit in on a TRD Pro. I guess I'll just have to bust out the Jerry cans for road trips. Maybe an excuse to invest in rotopax.

The pattern I see is that all hybrids are 85L for the Tundra/Sequoia and the Sequoia only comes as hybrid.

@Joshuak172 I went back to check and you are correct about the Tundra pro. My apologies. Sequoia is still smaller tank though. Sorry about that.

I am a tire&wheel guy, not fuel tanks so I should stay out of this anyways.

Last edited:
Anyone hearing an updated ETA on the 23's? My wife is interested...

Anyone hearing an updated ETA on the 23's? My wife is interested...
My dealer is sending me weekly texts, but so far no real updates. He is telling me to temper expectations and expect Jan/Feb 2023 because although I am first on the list, there is no guarantee that the TRD Pro is in the first few allocations. It all seems like a guessing game depending upon who you ask. Toyota just pulled back their US sales forecast due to the ongoing chip shortage, so I'm guessing that while July/August 2022 was the original plan for first Sequoia sales, it may be dramatically impacted by chip availability. They might deliver a handful in July so that they can accomplish their "Summer 2022" release promise, but then trickle the production as chips allow. If markets have a hiccup and consumer spending starts dropping off, that chip shortage could lessen, and they may start rapidly producing.

I am in San Antonio once or twice per month, I'm tempted to just drive by the factory every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom