Holley sniper EFI Autolite 1100 - single barrel EFI (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Krondor

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys,

I have tried searching but am running up short unless someone can point me in the right direction.

After fiddling around with my SD-40 for a while and having difficult cold starts when it's cold, I think I might venture into the EFI relm. I read that the autolite 1100 will bolt up directly to the early F135 manifold.

Has anyone actually made this conversion? If so, have you ran into any issues? How do you like it? Does it provide enough gas to the engine? Or should I bump up to one of the larger systems with an adapter?

Thanks

If you are going Fitech or Sniper, look at the following:"
1. Fitech/Sniper adapter for 135 engine, for using 2 barrel Fitech or Sniper, Ebay #254942295664.
2. Cable linkage with new upgraded cable for conversion, Ebay #255068610169.
3. Look at the L bracket in Ebay #265530503055, you'll need it, freebie with above.
Lemme know it any interest because Mud guys do not buy from me on Ebay, I merely send an invoice- - -easy deal.

Last edited:
Hey Krondor,

I am planning on doing the 1100 Sniper swap on my 66'. Once I get it, I'll make a video of the install and post a link here. I'll be putting a 2300 on the 40 in the link below. Like you, I've had nothing but issues trying to find parts for the original SD-40 single barrel. I would much rather keep things as original as possible. But, after trying to source parts and not finding them......and also not hearing back from both Mark and Jim on here. I really don't have many other options. You can throw a GM monojet on yours.....but mine always ran like crap. EFI here I come!!

Hey Krondor,

I am planning on doing the 1100 Sniper swap on my 66'. Once I get it, I'll make a video of the install and post a link here. I'll be putting a 2300 on the 40 in the link below. Like you, I've had nothing but issues trying to find parts for the original SD-40 single barrel. I would much rather keep things as original as possible. But, after trying to source parts and not finding them......and also not hearing back from both Mark and Jim on here. I really don't have many other options. You can throw a GM monojet on yours.....but mine always ran like crap. EFI here I come!!

I'm currently working on @red66toy 's SD40 and it appears we might have gotten our hands on a rebuild kit but I'll let Chase chime in on that one.

A quick search and I mean quick.....the flange for an 1100 is the same...thanks to @KennyBob for posting his findings so I didn't have to do it myself.

96FD6F8D-A2B5-40FB-994B-1624460F00BB.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm currently working on @red66toy 's SD40 and it appears we might have gotten our hands on a rebuild kit but I'll let Chase chime in on that one.

As far as flange fitment, I just need to get a gasket for an Autolite 1100 and compare to the SD40 base, if I can get one locally I will mate it up and see if its a direct fit.
Hey if you find a rebuild kit that works, please share. As far as the flange compatibility......the spec sheet provided by Holley measures pretty close to my 66 intake manifold, just checked it yesterday. I believe the 1100 bore diameter at the flange is just a hair smaller than the intake manifold bore. It was a small enough difference that I wouldn't care.

Hey if you find a rebuild kit that works, please share. As far as the flange compatibility......the spec sheet provided by Holley measures pretty close to my 66 intake manifold, just checked it yesterday. I believe the 1100 bore diameter at the flange is just a hair smaller than the intake manifold bore. It was a small enough difference that I wouldn't care.
I updated my post, it confirms that it fits :)

Its party time......Now if i could only find one that doesnt have an estimated ship date in August.
I’m in the same boat unfortunately. I’m interested to see how you plan to adapt it to the other connections.

I’m in the same boat unfortunately. I’m interested to see how you plan to adapt it to the other connections.
So far my plan consists of a few sections.

First, factory systems retained and removed. My 1966 has a PTO driven winch so I wanted to keep the aux throttle control, carb will obviously be removed, Choke control will be decommissioned, mechanical fuel pump will be decommissioned, I want to retain the factory oil bath air cleaner, fuel filter/sediment bowl will be decom'd and original fuel line will be decom'd.

Second, mounting the new equipment. I know the flange connection between the throttle body and intake manifold is pretty close, with respect to my field measurements compared to Holley's product data (also confirmed above by @mattressking ). The high idle/aux throttle is a question at the moment, I really want to keep it but it might not be worth completing. The original tank should be just fine for this application, I want to say you can get away with no return on the 1100 series, but I will consider welding in a return connection to the tank. Plumbing for both supply and return will be all new. Within the plumbing section I'll have to figure out the best location (both functionally and ergonomically) for the fuel pump and filtration set up. O2 sensor location should be straightforward in accordance with Holley's instructions. I'll need to report back regarding temp sender location for the Holley.

I'm still grabbing at straws here simply because I didn't know the 1100 existed, I swear during all my research regarding the repair of the single barrel or the replacement with a fuel injection system........i somehow never noticed holley offered a single barrel. So i'm thrilled.......

One aspect that I thought was interesting that @KennyBob thought of in another thread is a surge tank.

That way you can keep the stock fuel pump.

One aspect that I thought was interesting that @KennyBob thought of in another thread is a surge tank.

That way you can keep the stock fuel pump.
Thanks for bringing that thread up, I've read through alittle of it but not all. One point I do like with regards to eliminating the factory mechanical pump is the fact that its just one more point of possible failure. When it fails, fuel diluted oil is a possibility. I also am having multiple issues with all of my factory lines. That being said, im sure not everyone that reads this will have my issues. So when I go through the process of installing it in the video I'll definitely include that possibility of the surge system......or hell I might use it too, never know.

Thanks for bringing that thread up, I've read through alittle of it but not all. One point I do like with regards to eliminating the factory mechanical pump is the fact that its just one more point of possible failure. When it fails, fuel diluted oil is a possibility. I also am having multiple issues with all of my factory lines. That being said, im sure not everyone that reads this will have my issues. So when I go through the process of installing it in the video I'll definitely include that possibility of the surge system......or hell I might use it too, never know.
Right. That was definitely part of my calculus as well. However, I decided I like the idea of having the pump submerged in fuel for longevity and noise without having to put a pump in the tank.

Also, I’m not at all sure about this but the surge tank seemed like a good idea for when the cruiser is at an angle for prolonged periods and there’s a chance you could starve the pump.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just to update yall Summit has the Sniper 1100 in stock. I don't know how I missed that earlier, but they had it at my front door in 3 days.....awesome. The snipers mounting holes did need to be massaged to fit the factory studs. So far so good though. I'm still working on the install and finishing the video, but i'll have it up before too long.

@honestcharlie56 Do you have a build thread documenting this? I’m also currently trying to get mine installed. Would be interested to see how you tackle certain things.

@KennyBob I will start one. I will warn you, I'm not the best or brightest.....so take anything and everything I do with a grain of salt and a bucket of caution.
Haha, no worries man. I’m sure my methods aren’t always what others would’ve done. I know just enough to be dangerous.

I’m in on sniper advice for f engine.

Hello Chris Wade here. I bought a 1965 FJ45 recently. It is now going to be a total restore project. I sent the engine off yesterday for a refresh / rebuild. It has been sitting idle for many years. Planning on using pertronix on it. It had an aftermarket 2 barrel carb on it. I bought a used SD40 carb but now thinking of using a sniper. I have a 1981 fj40 with a sniper and really impressed with performance.

Can an early f engine use a sniper? If so is there a particular supplier to use. The one on my fj40 uses an electric fuel pump mounted on frame I assume this would be the same.

Thank you for any advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom