1989 Land Cruiser FJ62 dipstick length (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently inherited a FJ62. I had all the fluids changed at the dealer and it pretty much sat for the next 6 months. When I checked the oil this morning it was way past full, so I assumed they over filled it. I dumped all the oil and pulled the filter then did a refill. At 7 quarts it is just a tad over the full line. The manual shows 8.2 quarts capacity but the dipstick show full at 7 quarts... So now I am wondering if somehow the wrong dipstick got got put in it somewhere along the way. The current dipstick is 13.5" from the bottom tip of the stick to the bottom of the rubber.

Can anyone with an FJ62 verify this is the correct length dipstick?

FJ62 dipstick.jpg

FJ62 dipstick2.jpg

What size oil filter does it have? If you search for the 60 series forum for oil filter threads you will see there is a newer replacement filter that is much smaller (physically) than the old one. This may result in a 1/2 quart difference. I found this picture on interweb as an example. It may not be the exact same filters used by the land cruiser but is does demonstrate the difference.

1655246288836.png

Is there a part number on the dip stick? It might be down at the "business end". The correct part number for the FJ62 is 15301-60031.

What size oil filter does it have? If you search for the 60 series forum for oil filter threads you will see there is a newer replacement filter that is much smaller (physically) than the old one. This may result in a 1/2 quart difference. I found this picture on interweb as an example. It may not be the exact same filters used by the land cruiser but is does demonstrate the difference.

View attachment 3034207
I recently inherited a FJ62. I had all the fluids changed at the dealer and it pretty much sat for the next 6 months. When I checked the oil this morning it was way past full, so I assumed they over filled it. I dumped all the oil and pulled the filter then did a refill. At 7 quarts it is just a tad over the full line. The manual shows 8.2 quarts capacity but the dipstick show full at 7 quarts... So now I am wondering if somehow the wrong dipstick got got put in it somewhere along the way. The current dipstick is 13.5" from the bottom tip of the stick to the bottom of the rubber.

Can anyone with an FJ62 verify this is the correct length dipstick?

View attachment 3034141

View attachment 3034144

@2mbb is spot on correct here about the filter topic , :) Good work brother for making folks aware of this TOYOTA debocial ...

- the
STUPID smaller OEM 90915-YZZD3 filter TOYOTA superseded to after disc. / NLA the correct larger DENSO / NipponDenso made Canister size spec.

filter 15600-41040 , will and does cause a overall capacity related issue and a mis-reading on the dipstick , all owner operators must now calculate and take

into acct.

- when regular 3000K oil replacement should occur , no matter if we are running full syntetic or conventical , its all about the service interval of

the filter media no matter the driving conditions

View attachment 3034207
That would never had occurred to me… the one in there now is 3-1/2” diameter x 5” tall… Thanks for the post!!

Typically the distance between the Low and High line on the dipstick = 1 quart.

Is there a part number on the dip stick? It might be down at the "business end". The correct part number for the FJ62 is 15301-60031.

That would never had occurred to me… the one in there now is 3-1/2” diameter x 5” tall… Thanks for the post!!

the difference in capacity between the 41010 and the YZZD3 is .68 qts ......... :cool:

- the YZZD3 has a 1 piece Block of Porus Media FOAM type mystery substance as a filter

- the 41010 has single layer special sheet of special type of paper type 1 piece traditional media , that has served the entire Land Cruiser community WELL since

it's introduction im 3/63 till the 1FZ-FE days when the 2UZ-FE was introduced and spec'd the YZZD3 here in the USA ..........

- i own a YAMAHA version of the 2UZ-FE in SUPER HILUX and she also spec's the same size capcity filter as the YZZD3 , i have NOT had the ba##z to simply scew on a 41010 or its DENSO Store Brand Boxed Equivalent below ..........................................YET

- i do and have run the below DENSO Store Brand Filters for many years now on my 1983 FJ43L-KC 2F equipped CKD and can report only positive reports , zero negative facts simply ...:):wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench:

C1F8AE88-0752-4CD9-9DB1-002D3FE38B46.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom