Brakes bleed help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve bled my 4 disk brakes on my 92 over and over again after replacing the master. The pedal still goes to the floor. Any ideas?

I’ve bled my 4 disk brakes on my 92 over and over again after replacing the master. The pedal still goes to the floor. Any ideas?
I bought the speedibleed system to bleed my brakes after having the entire system taken apart and it worked great, brakes feel better than they ever have. It is a pressure bleed system.

Bad master cylinder despite being new?

Badly bulging rubber brake lines?

Personally, I bleed brakes using a vacuum pump. I feed the vacuum through a jar, which collects the brake fluid, then to the caliper. I've never had a problem with this system.

Maybe get one of those vacuum bleeding caps for the master cylinder.

^ I think you have a master cylinder leak. Or it needs to be bench bled; did you run hoses from the outlets into the reservoir, before connecting it to the brake lines?

Motive for the win, once that is solved. Get the adapter, too.

Your 92 should have rear drums.
In any case, the master should have been bench bled before installing.

^ I think you have a master cylinder leak. Or it needs to be bench bled; did you run hoses from the outlets into the reservoir, before connecting it to the brake lines?

Motive for the win, once that is solved. Get the adapter, too.
Yes I did but, in order to connect the 2 brake lines to the master, you have to pull those lines off.

Your 92 should have rear drums.
In any case, the master should have been bench bled before installing.
Apparently in late 92, they came with rear disks (it also has electric lockers).
Bad master cylinder despite being new?

Badly bulging rubber brake lines?

Personally, I bleed brakes using a vacuum pump. I feed the vacuum through a jar, which collects the brake fluid, then to the caliper. I've never had a problem with this system.

Maybe get one of those vacuum bleeding caps for the master cylinder.
I used a vacume jar system first, then went back to old school wife pushing pedal and me turning bleeder screw.

Pour new brake fluid into the reservoir of the main brake cylinder.
Connect the hose to the fitting and dip the other end into the container with the brake fluid.
Instruct your assistant to depress the pedal several times and hold it depressed to get the fluid flowing.

If it has a 3FE, then it certainly came from the factory with drum brakes, assuming it was a USdm vehicle.

Definitely. I don't know anything about his vehicle, though, and we recently had someone else assume the wrong model year based on their production date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom