Need to find an early pair of windshield hinges for my 69 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive been striking out so far searching online. Both of mine broke and i currently have a plate instead but would like to replace the hinges.

SOR has them.

Post up in the classifieds here. Someone has a set. Many of the vendors will have them.

You can get just about anything you need here!

SOR has them.

No hinges for the 69. They have 74+

@65swb45 , you have almost everything!

@65swb45 , you have almost everything!
Yup, several sets on the shelf. You can leave a voicemail at my shop if youre interested. I locked my PM box per my signature line.😊

For future reference, drill out the pins instead of destroying the hinge bracket by trying to bash the pin out. Same with early hood hinges (use a door pin, cut the round end off and bash the ends flat to lock into place for the OE look). If you do it right even patina paint survives.

For future reference, drill out the pins instead of destroying the hinge bracket by trying to bash the pin out. Same with early hood hinges (use a door pin, cut the round end off and bash the ends flat to lock into place for the OE look). If you do it right even patina paint survives.

I agree. What I did was soak, soak, and soak the pins with kroil for a few weeks. Then pushed them out with a hydraulic press. I still had to press a small way, them more kroil. The pins made it our and all was well.

I did try to drill, i rushed the attempt drilling a
I agree. What I did was soak, soak, and soak the pins with kroil for a few weeks. Then pushed them out with a hydraulic press. I still had to press a small way, them more kroil. The pins made it our and all was well.
i spent over a month pressing, electrolysis, penetrants, heat, a 15 ton press… the best I got was part of a center pin to move 1/8” before getting very stuck and not moving again

I did try to drill, i rushed the attempt drilling after failing pressing.

i spent over a month pressing, electrolysis, penetrants, heat, a 15 ton press… the best I got was part of a center pin to move 1/8” before getting very stuck and not moving again

I hear you, have done so too. Buy some good quality bits, I like carbide for rusty stuff, although they break easily, they power through and are cheaper than getting new hinges.

@Seamus

Life would be easier if you buy hinges from @65swb45 !

Cobalt drill bits, hours of effort:
1655115791667.png

I’ll call you tomorrow! Thanks
Best to leave a voicemail. I’m rarely able to grab the phone in real time. Hands in a carburetor, or under a hood, or something else along those lines. One man shop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom