Throttle body question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. This community has helped me out a lot so far with my 94 Landcruiser, so thanks to everyone!

In drive with my foot on the brake my RPM idles at 1000 and in park idles around 1700-1800. No matter if the engine is cold or warm. Tested the IAC valve and it was bad so I replaced it. Then tested the TPS and it was within specs.

My question is, is this a vacuum line? If not what’s the purpose of it? When I took off the throttle body, this was disconnected. Could this be causing my idling issue?

B0487BC3-BD27-47AE-90E3-A828529B0C7C.jpeg

Yes.

You probably have a bunch more vacuum leaks.
Your right. I also found that the vacuum line going from the purge part of the charcoal canister to the vacuum control valve was unhooked at vacuum control valve side.

Your right. I also found that the vacuum line going from the purge part of the charcoal canister to the vacuum control valve was unhooked at vacuum control valve side.

When is the last time that *all* the vacuum hoses were changed?

Can someone tell me if the UFO looking part below the throttle position sensor in the picture above is the throttle opener? Is this where a vacuum needs to be applied while adjusting throttle position sensor with a feeler gauge? Thanks in advance.

before you took the throttle body out did you happen to try removing the accelerator cable from the TB and seeing if the high idle was still present? could just be too tight an accel cable holding it slightly open

Yes, I had a high idle before when I removed the accelerator cable and reinstalled it. I have since re-adjusted and it was fixed with a startup idle at around 1200. Like you mentioned the AC cable was too tight. I now have a low startup idle at around 950 after I replaced the throttle position sensor. I think I have not adjusted TPS properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom