LED bulbs in lx470 projector housing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have bought a few led bulbs with fans/heatsinks and they dont fit in LX470 projector lenses. Can anyone recommend some LED bulbs to replace the xenon headlights? I did the xenon retrofit kit 10 years ago. Need to replace all bulbs with super bright daylight LED bulbs.

I have bought a few led bulbs with fans/heatsinks and they dont fit in LX470 projector lenses. Can anyone recommend some LED bulbs to replace the xenon headlights? I did the xenon retrofit kit 10 years ago. Need to replace all bulbs with super bright daylight LED bulbs.

There doesn’t seem to be any one good answer to this. Many folks go with Morimoto HID kits over the LED as they’re a known quantity, and LED light is said to scatter badly. Also, it’s awfully hard to get past the hype on LED sites- many false claims. Lots of reading material here on Mud, though. I’d start with the link above, and do a lot of homework.

Ive done some searching and not finding the answers I am looking for. For 200s this is super simple, buy $5 LED bulb from amazon and get 10,000 lumens for each headlight, fog light and hi beams. The reason this gets hard for 100 is because there is less area inside the bulb. I have given this task to my mechanic but not sure if its going to be worth it because of the projector lens. I believe I have the HID replacement kit not xenons like previously mentioned. They suck when compared to 10,000 lumens from LED head lights. Once I have gotten used to this its hard to go back to HIDs. The HIDs I have don't have even spread and really can't see that far ahead but were an awesome improvement 10 years ago. My 200 LEDs light up more than half mile on regular beams and 3/4 mile with hi beams. Makes it much easier when traveling in the middle of the night interstate and avoiding deer. Less strain on the eyes as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom