2022 First Annual 70s in the Sierras (was FJ45 Run) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
September 2nd thru 5th

The previous “FJ45 Run” will now morph into a 70-Series camping wheeling trip.
The event will take place at Meadow Lake which is northwest of Truckee.
We have reserved the two large Meadow Knolls Group Camp Sites. They'll each accommodate up to 25 people.
Tahoe National Forest - Meadow Knolls Group Camp - https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/tahoe/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=55634&actid=93

DIRECTIONS:
From I-80 at Truckee take exit Hwy 89 towards Sierraville, go approximately 14.7 miles. Turn left at Forest Service Road 07 aka Fiberboard Road. Look for sign to Webber Lake and travel 9.5 miles. Turn left onto Forest Service Road 86 aka Meadow Lake Road (dirt road) continue for 9.4 miles to reach Meadow Lake. High clearance vehicles recommended. DO NOT GPS your way there. You’ll get lost.

From Sierraville: Travel south on Hwy 89 for 11 miles to Forest Road 7. Turn right and travel west to the Meadow Lake turnoff. Turn left on Forest Road 86 which becomes Nevada County Road 843 traveling south for approximately 10 miles. Most of the route is paved, but the last few miles are unpaved and becomes very rough.

PARK REGULATIONS:
Check in is 2:00 p.m. and check out is 11:00 a.m.
Quiet Hours are from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Please do not operate generators, vehicles, audio equipment, talk loudly, or make noise that could interfere with those sleeping.
Additional fees are charged for additional vehicles when space allows.
There is a daily charge for each pet.

Update: Due to circumstances surrounding COVID there will not be a raffle this year. We hope to bring the raffle and prizes back in the future.

If you are bringing dogs, please remember there are other people here. If your dogs bark, please camp away from others and be respectful to everyone else attending this event.
Feel free to ask questions, I know I left a bunch of info out. All rigs are welcome, you don't have to show up in a 70series, any cruiser is welcome. And we’ll even make exceptions for non-cruisers.

Hope to see you there!
Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Last edited:
Knorr boys are going with two 1975 fj55s one stock and one resto-mod .
Looking forward to a great week end , Bring your Kayaks ,

Georg,

Very interested ! Do you make reservations for us or do we make individual reservations via PGE who runs the site ?
Thanks, Jonathan

edit: so, it looks like you cannot make reservations, it’s first come, first served ? Since it’s Labor Day weekend, how do we know we’re all gonna fit in ?

Last edited:

Here is a link above, the campgrounds are first come first serve, the only exception are two group campsites that accommodate up to 25 people that can be reserved.
No water or garbage service is provided and there is an informal boat launch.

OOOOOH!

Found a cool shirt from the 2008 run! Digging thru some drawers and cleaning stuff out! Have to keep this as I have a 45 again! Whiteys old 45! And Orange45 old LV! Have to find pics of my 45 p/u. Hoping to make it this year.
AEB4CD89-2A6C-4339-AB6E-1BECF826B859.jpeg
38579D87-0180-4D71-AAB2-AECDC1E06632.jpeg
38579D87-0180-4D71-AAB2-AECDC1E06632.jpeg
83202520-1D8C-413E-8208-F73A8A6F6C57.jpeg
717A40FE-E4DB-4B63-8C13-7352DCC10A51.jpeg

Good old days , I see my old 45lv , Sold on Barret-Jackson 2 years ago for $50,000

Found a cool shirt from the 2008 run! Digging thru some drawers and cleaning stuff out!
Hmm, an "Old Threads" revival hijack? Cool.
IIRC, the 45 run at Deer Valley was originally the 55 run at Deer Valley which later became the 55/45 run at Deer Valley which then became the 45 run at Deer Valley because it was Georg's Birthday or something. And he's better at organizing stuff.

20220704_104839.jpg

20220704_104855.jpg

20220704_104919.jpg

I love @Pighead s little hijack here…

This was the T-shirt from I think my second pig run…
429DB654-04E2-44D1-B562-8B86A0C6D83D.jpeg

Here is a link above, the campgrounds are first come first serve, the only exception are two group campsites that accommodate up to 25 people that can be reserved.
No water or garbage service is provided and there is an informal boat launch.
We have the two large spots reserved.

The event is getting closer and we wanted to get a little more information out to everyone so we updated the main post to include the following info:

We have the two large Meadow Knolls Group Camp Sites at Meadow Lake Reserved.
They’ll accommodate up to 25 people each.
Directions:
From Truckee:
Travel north on Hwy 89 for 17 miles to Forest Service road 07. Turn left and travel west to the Meadow Lake turnoff. Turn left on Forest Service road 86 which becomes Nevada County Road 843 traveling south for approximately 10 miles. Most of the route is paved, but the last few miles are unpaved and becomes very rough.

From Sierraville: Travel south on Hwy 89 for 11 miles to Forest Road 7. Turn right and travel west to the Meadow Lake turnoff. Turn left on Forest Road 86 which becomes Nevada County Road 843 traveling south for approximately 10 miles. Most of the route is paved, but the last few miles are unpaved and becomes very rough.

I have heard that the forestry has really smoothed out the road into meadow lake this year I will be down there in 2 weeks for Sierra trek . For those that do not know meadow lake is at the end of the Fordyce trail winch hill 5 . There are some other trails that are pretty mild there as well

Georg,

Confirming the text message I sent to you last week, Linéa and I will see you up there on Friday ‘bout noon and staying through Monday afternoon. I’ll be in the 4Runner so be gentle with me pls…..…….

Let me know if you need me to bring anything…….besides a raffle prize ?

jonathan and linéa

Only time that I attended the event, just seems like I've always got other plans that weekend. Maybe this year I'll bring the 75 down.

IMG_20220804_164412881.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom