1967 FJ45 Corner Window Reinstall Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Welp, I thought I was doing a good deed when I bought my corner window weatherstrip 110A-AS from Specter… now it appears they are way too big to work.

Perhaps I’m looking at this wrong? Has anyone else used these in their FJ45? Obviously, I can cut and shorten, then add some sealant, but if it can be avoided…

2EAFBCFC-350F-49B2-8795-EEB3FD04639A.jpeg
99E82577-7B5E-4E3F-82B5-F2B21196BC52.jpeg

Look like 40 series corner rubber
It’s advertised as specific to 45, but you know how those things go. Now it’s got me worried about the rear windshield one I got too.

61647C57-9B02-40D8-91E7-EB60DB326A3D.jpeg

you need to cut it to fit

is the OEM one not available anymore?
it was still available last year

is the OEM one not available anymore?
it was still available last year
I’m with you on that if it’s still available. Anyone have the part number handy? 1967 FJ45 Long Bed

I have it, let me go find it.

I’m with you on that if it’s still available. Anyone have the part number handy? 1967 FJ45 Long Bed

try 64832-90332

I taped the gasket to the glass to instal. Major pita. Lots of soapy water and headache rack removed. I used gorilla tape,

I taped the gasket to the glass to instal. Major pita. Lots of soapy water and headache rack removed. I used gorilla tape,
Sounds like a big pain. Luckily I have the back panel off the truck, so a bit easier to navigate. It seems like ideally these have a really snug fit around the glass… like, almost not be able to fit. Then, all you are contending with is pushing it through the body.

Correct, they should be a tight fit, I have done a few by myself with the rope method and lots of soap!

A two person job, little plastic pry sticks, strong string overlapped. One pushes from outside and pull, pray, swear. Notice it didn't go the first time and it is not lined up top to bottom. Pull it out, clean your soapy hands off, try and redo the string. Clean hands again. Soap it and voila. Should go in second or third time. The key is getting the gasket on the glass. The gorilla tape really helped. I was only able to tape the outside as my glass was pre tinted before instal. Hth. My pass glass just didn't "snap" in place. My drivers did. They are side specific also. I believe label on glass toward center on both.

And FYI, my gasket from sor looked like that, the reason for the tape. Tape it to the glass and let it become a little more comfortable with its new living arrangement before installation. Used gaskets prob fit better because they were formed over years. My rear glass was super easy to install, one person. Panel off truck. The front glass I let a pro do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom