F motor power steering pulley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.smokyqd.com
Hi, I've got a 71 40 , stock F motor with a mini-truck ps system I installed about 10 yrs ago. I've been running the PS pump off JUST the water pump (with a double pulley on it). But I do get some squealing from it and I'm sure its going to eventually ruin the water pump. I would like to add another pulley to the crank which is currently the stock single pulley. Searching the forum I've found the easiest solution looks to be from a company called "Mark's Offroad" which made a simple pulley that bolts to the existing pulley/balancer. Quick and easy to do. But I can't find the pulley on their site so I'm guessing they don't make it anymore. Does anyone know of anyone else that makes this? Or does anyway have a cad drawing and I'll have it made myself? Has anyone taken a stock, off the shelf pulley and installed it in a similar fashion? I found a picture of the Mark's Offroad on a thread from 2008 so everyone can see what I am talking about. Thanks.

1653839776876.png

I am currently working thru a power steering setup on my 1970 40 with an f. Have you looked for any of the double pulleys? I believe the 2f will fit and Mark has them.

I am currently working thru a power steering setup on my 1970 40 with an f. Have you looked for any of the double pulleys? I believe the 2f will fit and Mark has them.
If I have to I will replace with a double pulley. It just looks a lot easier to have a 'bolt on" solution.

Think one off of the 9/72-1/75 F engine might work. I show the these have an air pump and would the second pulley.

If I have to I will replace with a double pulley. It just looks a lot easier to have a 'bolt on" solution.
It may be an easier install, if you can just bolt it on without pulling the radiator, etc.
I think replacing with an OE two groove would be a cleaner and better solution.

Did you try calling Mark? @65swb45
( He's old school 🙂)
(818) 953-9230

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom