Builds PEPE - THE BLACK AND TAN BUILD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
I bought this cruiser in a package deal a couple years ago. A 3B diesel and 4 speed were swapped in and other than the crushed rear lower quarters the 60 is very clean and straight.

Fast forward and couple years. A customer keeps seeing it in pictures I post and asks if its for sale and would I build it out for him. We talk and negotiate pricing and timelines. Project starts..........

Well a few weeks ago the buyer backs out as he decided he wanted a new Ford Bronco.. SO............ now we have another cruiser to add to the Jason and Andrea ownership list. We talked about it and Andrea said its been a long time since she's seen me have this much fun with a build and she wants me to finish the build and keep it. YES MA'AM!!!! Love my wife.

First step was to try to get it registered in CA as a diesel. This was the one thing that would set the stage for me finishing it out. I make call after call and finally talk with a DMV person that shines some light on the situation. I follow their advice and use a CA approved VIN/Vehicle inspector to perform this task and with this being an out of state vehicle with a clean title it went well. They asked for the engine details and filled in the paperwork and checked DIESEL for fuel type. I was leery of this, but at the end of the appointment she asked if I wanted her to do the registration, title transfer and get plates. She said all was clear in the system and she could go then to do everything. Well 3 hours later she comes back with everything in my name and said I would get the title in the main in about a week.... Yeah ok!!

I hold off doing anything else and sure enough, the title arrives in the mail, everything is good and matches the license plates..

WOOHOO!! WE ARE OFF!!

More to come as time allows. Since not a customer rig... things will slow down on this one.

Jason

PEPE TITLE PIC.jpg

Last edited:
To save some time I called @orangefj45 to build me up a fine spline H55F and t-case. Georg as always came through in superb fashion. Incredible turnaround and work as always. Thank you sir.

Also swapped out the cast iron bellhousing for a later aluminum model

index.jpg
PXL_20220507_174732961.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom