don't you dare ever " P.O. - UP " your FJ40 like this poor " thing " ...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
don't you dare ever " P.O. - UP " your FJ40 like this poor " thing " ...... :confused:

NO Affiliation at all in any way ........ !

1653466210811.png

Last edited:
:slap:

Sorry to hear about your 40 Matt, if you decide to sell the rims let me know. Dems sweet son!

Guess I'm years ahead with my 68. It got the jungle copper mine look back in 1985. Neighbor painted in exchange for some HVAC work I had done for him. Wanted an olive/brown color and this is what I got. Guess I can finally take out of the garage it been hidden from the world in shame.
IMG_20190822_190135850.jpg

I always wanted a copper colored car of some sorts, maybe an original mini-cooper. But not that thing 😂.

Looks like someone got a bedazzler for Christmas. You go girl!

I think I'm out of the loop here. @ToyotaMatt is that your rig on eBay that you are the PO of?

H#LL NO !

how dare you say such words ...........🤣

its simply a text book example to ALL fellow 40 series owner operators alike ..

DO NOT !

is all i have to say here . :rolleyes:

It'd take some effort/cubic butt loads of dollars to un-fornicated that beauty.

(edit)- I glance through classifieds here, Craigslist, and Hemmings occasionally, even though I'm not looking. The more I look, the more I realize I'm super lucky to have my basketcase, and to have paid what I did.

Last edited:
It'd take some effort/cubic butt loads of dollars to un-fornicated that beauty.

(edit)- I glance through classifieds here, Craigslist, and Hemmings occasionally, even though I'm not looking. The more I look, the more I realize I'm super lucky to have my basketcase, and to have paid what I did.
Yes

yes indeedy !

@sogncab your exactly right and spot on too ..

it would feel so terrible if someone actually buys that sick joke above on ebay not knowing the term can of worms gone rotten in your fishing cooler on a hot as your

manifolds in direct sunlight summer day ?

Last edited:
What, bead locks? For those that need to significantly air down for sand or mud travel they make sense. And I have never seen an attractive bead lock rim. The rest of that rig looks legit.

the first truck looks like ebay threw up on it. not sure whats wrong with the second rig, just looks like someones offroad toy.

This is another example of my “ DO NoT EVER “. PO monkey 🙉 business….

View attachment 3018470
I guess you should put the 40 in my avatar on your list too. This one looks like a enjoyable trail rig. Thru my decades of wheeling in the Midwest, I have a few issues with it. 1st that tire is too big and heavy for a plate style tire carrier, it probably rattles and the studs will pull thru the sheet metal. 2nd, the tire becomes a hook when in the woods on off camber trails. I don't know how many times I've had to remove the spare because a tree got caught between the tub and tire. I eventually centered my spare. The 3rd, is the receiver hitch screws up the departure angle when dropping off ledges and its a bad recovery point. It will bend the rear crossmember up.

Last edited:
I guess you should put the 40 in my avatar on your list too. This one looks like a enjoyable trail rig. Thru my decades of wheeling in the Midwest, I have a few issues with it. 1st that tire is too big and heavy for a plate style tire carrier, it probably rattles and the studs will pull thru the sheet metal. 2nd, the tire becomes a hook when in the woods on off camber trails. I don't know how many times I've had to remove the spare because a tree got caught between the tub and tire. I eventually centered my spare. The 3rd, is the receiver hitch screws up the departure angle when dropping off ledges and its a bad recovery point. It will bend the rear crossmember up.

your Avatar 40 looks Classy and FLY mr. @pb4ugo :)

- the example 40 in the classified ebay ad at the top first post is a very POOLY thought out GHETTO FLIPPER Idea gone extremely BAD and that is simply SAD ...........:confused:

- i created this Thread in hopes that it would empower a potential new member / first time 40 series land cruiser owner operator , in what NOT to think is

cool , in fact " RUN like a Antelope Out of Control " away at anything remotely close to somebody's idea or version of Twisted Reality clearly ....

kinda like Putin thinking he can actually win
🤣

1653607315679.jpeg

-

I know it is a thunderbird symbol but with the blitzkrieg on the windshield frame, it is dangerously close to a Nazi eagle.

i intentionally did not mention that monkey business , it;s NOT the actual bad bad bad logo , i would never have posted this topic example if it was ....

but it's
CIRCUS CLOWN Artist if u can even call it that , might just be the PO trying to flip this Flap-Jack ?

I once had an FJ40 "show car" painted copper, looked dark red in the shade, bright gold in the sun, and loaded with chrome plating (back when that was the thing). I sold it to a guy for $12,000.00 back when brand new FJ40's cost about $8,000.00 (late 1970's). Rich guy owner sent it to his mansion in the Bahamas, sat out in salt air, owner drilled holes and installed G.I. gas tanks onto the sides of the body. Eventually someone sent me photos of the rig, covered in mud, sitting in front of his mansion- -sad deal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom