Stumped with headlamp adjusters (reinstalling) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I must be missing something SUPER easy here....but took my headlamp units out to paint the buckets with rustolium and when trying to put back into place, the springs are no longer creating any tension....leaving the bucket loose. This is for a 81-83 FJ that was the single spring as shown. These were applying a good amount of tension when I took them apart, but now even with the adjust screws all the way in, it is still loose. Bucket slots are in the correct channel/groove on the adjuster screws.

Do I have something backwards here? The spring looks uniform, but does it clip in one way or another?

Pictures below of one installed - but bucket has a lot of play.

Very. Stumped.

IMG_4864.JPG

IMG_4861.JPG

IMG_4860.JPG

IMG_4862.JPG

Video for reference:

UPDATE: Nevermind - I had my spring in the wrong hole......Heeeeeyyy-Yooooo, filthy jokes all night folks!

#1 "wrong hole cost extree"
-Alledgedly

You want to move this to chat now, or wait?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That made my day......but I know of a place if you want.....lol

Since there only appears to be only one hole, would elaborate as to which hole it was supposed to be installed in.

Since there only appears to be only one hole, would elaborate as to which hole it was supposed to be installed in.
As @1MAC says below, 2 holes and one spring. Was further hole. Ok I’m done with holes and springs ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom