Wanted Wanted FJ40 Crawler Or Build Candidate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Model year not important. The 40 that I am looking for has a wide range, from a rock crawler that is "done" to just a good candidate to be built into a crawler or something in between.
When complete this will likely see very little to no road use and it would be trailered. I am trying to minimize the compromises when expecting a vehicle to do both well.
This could be about any year of 40 and could have an original motor or a sbc or anything that has parts availability. Prefer a decent running vehicle. SBC with a sm420 or sm465 is nice, as to avoid the need for dual TC's.
I am not overly concerned with body condition but I don't want a complete rust bucket. Price is all relative just like buying any used vehicle.
Color and paint condition is not too important, this could likely get rattle canned when its complete.
This 40 doesn't need a top but if it did that would be fine.
I'm in northern Indiana, I'm not afraid to ship but to be able to do an in person inspection and trailer it home is a bonus.
Message me here or my cell is 260-242-0509.

I may have a couple options for your project. How far are you from Sturtevant, WI ?

Mine is not for sale and I’ll be starting back on it this winter After my 80 project is back on the road but here’s some inspiration!

I kind of wish I would’ve started with an 80 or 60 series chassis and sourced a cowl. Just for the wheelbase but I might 4 link the back and stretch it out a bit eventually. This one has stock FJ40 suspension on 37’s currently

F48B7F7C-6C3E-4C54-8142-BFBF1EB1DDFC.jpeg

B6F3D750-87E3-43CE-B868-695FD2F11FAC.jpeg

I may have a couple options for your project. How far are you from Sturtevant, WI ?

Mine is not for sale and I’ll be starting back on it this winter After my 80 project is back on the road but here’s some inspiration!

I kind of wish I would’ve started with an 80 or 60 series chassis and sourced a cowl. Just for the wheelbase but I might 4 link the back and stretch it out a bit eventually. This one has stock FJ40 suspension on 37’s currently

View attachment 3017860

View attachment 3017861
I like it!

This is A LOT of truck for the money and mostly meets your criteria.

I’m absolutely shocked that 40 is still for sale…I’ve try to convince a few of my buddies to buy it but us being in South Dakota it’s too far to pick up out there… im not sure you could even buy the parts for that price.

I’m absolutely shocked that 40 is still for sale…I’ve try to convince a few of my buddies to buy it but us being in South Dakota it’s too far to pick up out there… im not sure you could even buy the parts for that price.
You can't. If I didn't have 4 FJ40's and a number of other toys and projects, I would 100% own this truck.

Looks like about 4 hours.
I have the following

68 FJ40 rolling chassis project:
68 tub (some bondo over dents) front floors replaced with flat steel
68 driver side fender (installed)
72 passenger side fender (installed)
68 WS frame (rust free and good glass) (installed)
68 rear axle (with lock-right locker) (installed)
78 front axle (installed)
76 hood (rust free) (installed)
68 hardtop with good sides and topper (installed)
72 side doors (available)
rear fixed panel in place of barn doors (available)
1971 SBC400 (running but not installed)
68 OEM roll bar (installed)
68 Harness (installed)

66 FJ40 FST
Complete with custom hardtop over the OEM soft top bows. Aside from the hardtop that is welded to the tub and the riveted door skins, it is mostly original
Front floors will need some work and multiple tub patches have been welded in by a PO
OEM doors included (will need work)

I can PM some pics if your interested (may take a couple days as I have to unwrap them and get back where they are stored)

Last edited:
I have the following

68 FJ40 rolling chassis project:
68 tub (some bondo over dents) front floors replaced with flat steel
68 driver side fender (installed)
72 passenger side fender (installed)
68 WS frame (rust free and good glass) (installed)
68 rear axle (with lock-right locker) (installed)
78 front axle (installed)
76 hood (rust free) (installed)
68 hardtop with good sides and topper (installed)
72 side doors (available)
rear fixed panel in place of barn doors (available)
1971 SBC400 (running but not installed)
68 OEM roll bar (installed)
68 Harness (installed)

66 FJ40 FST
Complete with custom hardtop over the OEM soft top bows. Aside from the hardtop that is welded to the tub and the riveted door skins, it is mostly original
Front floors will need some work and multiple tub patches have been welded in by a PO
OEM doors included (will need work)

I can PM some pics if your interested (may take a couple days as I have to unwrap them and get back where they are stored)
Txt me a few pics of each.
260-242-0509

Just listed not mine

1975 Toyota Land Cruiser-crawler frame - cars & trucks - by owner -... - https://goldcountry.craigslist.org/cto/d/arnold-1975-toyota-land-cruiser-crawler/7488250962.html

1975 Land cruiser roller frame, What you see int the pictures is what comes with it minus the wheels and tires.

-Alcan spring under 6" lift springs
-Spherical shackles front and rear allow the springs and axles to move pretty freely under the ruck while cralwing but have good on road manners
-Flat belly skid plate
-FJ80 axles (chromoly shafts)
-ARB lockers front and rear
-Crossover steering
-PSC assist ram, pump and reservoir
-Orion 4:1 Tcase
-NV4500 adapted to the Orion
-Running TBI 350 with harness (running when body was pulled)
-Custom under body fuel cell
-Tail Light rock guards
-Front winch bumper

Does not come with a title. Can supply some of the paper work for the parts. Would like to sell this as a whole unit. part in this alone are well above $10K.

Can deliver for price of fuel.

840CC5A0-5D73-45B7-BC3A-2FE0B5659C9F.jpeg

33A0AF00-71B1-45B6-93C2-4ABC3BE1DFCC.jpeg

145B7D34-5E19-42E5-8E6C-1ECA104983BE.jpeg

11000254-9CFF-40A0-9A15-E6CBA11D30EF.jpeg

B155218A-A73B-4805-AA64-9DB699203ACC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom